Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Oscilloscope?

5K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  Chillin 
#1 ·
Who uses them? I have been playing around with them but I didn't know who else has used them?

#40 ·
done right you can read the commutater fields on a turning starter and get a very clear idea of its condition. it will tell you whether, any of the windings are developing high resistance(before it becomes an open) condition of armature/brushes/bearings. i'm told its actually a 15 minute or less to test, most of that being hooking up the Oscope

#45 ·
You have a very nasty CPS signal. What color sensor is that? Mine is always crisp and flat.

Btw, are you showing cylinder #4 toward the right past what looks to be the wider CPS pulse?

If so.... why aren't you looking at cylinder #1, or more to the point.... why does your scope not automatically trigger itself to #1, considering that it's the longest gap in the sequence?

Or did you pull the injector high side from the driver's side instead of passengers?

On Edit:

Nevermind about the signal noise, I found a picture I had taken a while back on my truck and it's about the same deal. Don't know why I thought it was cleaner. Must have been thinking about CID. You can tell how long ago this picture was taken, just look at that pw, lol.

#47 ·
You have a very nasty CPS signal. What color sensor is that? Mine is always crisp and flat.

Btw, are you showing cylinder #4 toward the right past what looks to be the wider CPS pulse?

If so.... why aren't you looking at cylinder #1, or more to the point.... why does your scope not automatically trigger itself to #1, considering that it's the longest gap in the sequence?

Or did you pull the injector high side from the driver's side instead of passengers?
I was looking at that too, only I was trying to use MS Paint to put little circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one to explain what it was to be used as evi... nevermind..
Anyways, I got pi$$ed off and that became a case of the f*ck its...

But the point is..
two people caught the same thing by looking at a lab scope...

something that a DVOM or a scanner never would have caught...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.