Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Waste gate! School me

3K views 42 replies 9 participants last post by  Cutting-Edge Diesel 
#1 ·
I need to put a waste gate on my truck. What I need help with is where onthe up pipe is best? What's the best gate? And what size?

#2 ·
tp://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93319

I made this thread a while back but haven't gotten around to hooking my nitrous up or buying a gate. The egr bung is a perfect place
For a 50mm or you could fab it any size you want, some say one gate will equalize and relieve pressure from both
Sides, some say you need one on both uppipes. Hope this helps

#3 ·
Linky no worky

But I think you would have to relocate the egr bung to put a waist gate on? The factory position wouldn't work. I was thinking about putting it on my egr delete pipe somewhere just because it looked like the best spot but I didn't know if it was to far away from where the exhaust can equalize or not.

#4 ·
Well what setup are you running? Weren't you putting a pro-charger on? Gonna need some more info on the setup here.

#5 ·
Set up is 275 injectors 70mm turbo spooled by a procharger. No sure on the nitrous. One stage for sure. Maybe 2 if I need it.

I know I need one I just don't know anything about them. I was thinking the precision 46mm.

#9 ·
its a percision 70mm and a D-1SC procharger

im thinking hard about the precision 46mm but I saw somewhere where that is only is good up to 25 psi. But i was recomended this wastegate

#12 ·
That's probably the adjustable psi setting to which the gate will begin to open

#14 ·
Seeing how your spooling it with a prochrager(waste of money) put a housing big enough on the 71mm turbo so you don't need a external gate. Gates =wasted unused energy if your trying to pull serious hp on fuel only

#17 ·
Im not having any bp issues as of right now. I haven't sprayed it yet. I have it all tore down right now and figured if I was going to put a gate in now would be the time. it is perfect right now on fuel (with 225s with problems) when I spray it wont the bp go up? I just dont want to kill the turbo.

#19 ·
bp will go up so i would def invest in a gauge for that, only thing about a gate is if you put that on and pressure is high you will be dumping exhaust and wasting energy (hp) so if that ends up being the case, from there i would look into a larger housing in order to keep the extra energy in use.

#20 ·
im getting one as well as a HPOP gauge.

I was told that when empire tested this setup bp was close to 1:1 (going of memory may not be all right:doh: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.