Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

IDM mod and boost

17K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Ford_Forgotton 
#1 ·
Well since my chip was taken out because it crapped out, I have been running stock programming. I cant believe what a difference the IDM mod made compared to stock. I never ran the truck without a chip since I did the mod a while back but before the IDM mod I never saw more than 17PSI without my chip. I ran it hard up a good grade today and hit 22PSI WOT at 3000RPM. And this was at 8000ft. I never thought the results would be that good for stock programming.

#2 ·
I did the idm mod last week and gained 4-5 psi with a chip. I think my old idm was going to crap, because it also feels like i gained 50hp or so.

Edit: I forgot to mention it earlier, i also noticed a nice gain in throttle response across the board.

#13 ·
I would not be letting that one lie.

Tom

#19 ·
Ordered the resistors from digikey last night. I got 20 of each, (20 for OBS, 20 for SD) Probly wont ever use but a couple, so if anyone needs one let me know. Should be here by sat. If not, then tues. or wed. next week. I'll post up the results. We're gonna do the OBS dumptruck first cause its the slowest.:pointlaugh:. If that works out good, then mine is next.:D. Then Kevins green supercab. Might carry a stock IDM to the track with me and try running both , one at the time, to see results if its noticable SOTP hp.

#23 ·
If you buy now thats 19.95 plus shipping and handling, BUT WAIT THERES MORE! Buy today and we'll throw in this set of ginsu cooking knives for just one dollar! Thats right, just one dollar!!
Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell everyone you know! their going to want to get in on this deal of a lifetime! Cuts through a soup can and still slices through hot butter like , well, cutting hot butter!

lol...hah
Hey shoot me a pm, let me know how many you need. address and all that crap.
Scott

#22 ·
Did it on an OBS tonight. But my DA put in the wrong resistor. I put the 73.2, instead of the 75. Still made a big difference in throttle response. Mash the pedal and it goes now, instead of waiting for it to come in. Gonna take it back out tomorrow, and put in the 75k, and got two more to do after that. Mine is third in line.:D. Def got more down low than before. The only hard part is getting that lid broke loose, and it wasnt all that bad.
Thanks for the info guys!

#24 ·
Got mine done tonight. Who the ^%^, ^%&^%^ ....at ford decided to put the stupid thing under the fender well??!!!
Anyway, got it all back together and went for a test drive. Little more throttle response down low. Not much difference other than that. I did notice about two more pounds of boost, but it really isnt night and day.
On the OBS it is a big difference, superduty, not so much. For the cost, I'd say its worth it on either if you can DIY. If ya gotta pay someone, IDK if I'd bother on a later model. Of course the dyno/ dragstrip may prove more difference than my SOTP feeling. We'll see pretty soon!:tree:

Did try something that worked out really good when reassembling the box. I used a flat washer under each bolt that hols the bracket to the IDM after resealing it with gray rtv sealant. The washers help hold the lid on tight. No worrying about water getting in that thing.

#25 ·
Just a note, I ran one of Matty's IDM for a couple months, and it was nice. I should probs get another, but I'm saving for something else atm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.