Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

7.3 loss of power

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
I know I should check into some stuff before i post but thought you guys could throw me a few ideas. I used to work out of town so drove my truck only a few times a month and evEry now and again my fiance would drive it well I came home and could feel a big power loss. Changed fuel filter, blew out air cleaner and still low on power and not that I care but it smokes less if that helps you out. I have stage 1 injectors exhaust intake and still have the quick spool turbo! I pull normal boost about 25 wot but it just doesn't go like it used to I raced my buddy tonight in his 04 stock 6l and had a hard time staying with him :pointlaugh: I'm thinking fuel or oil (hpop)????? Any help would be great thanks

#2 ·
In any diesel that sits a lot, algea can grow in the fuel tank and clog the screens in the tank. Have you done the intank mods?

#4 ·
Mine did the same thing, even with the less black smoke almost none at all. Had a buddy of my put it on his scanner and found 2 bad injectors. Don't know how old your injectors are, just a suggestion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.