Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dirty diesel EGR delete vs. Elite's EGR delete

5K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  bigaF250 
#1 ·
Whats the difference in the two and which one would you recomend

#3 ·
Are you runnin a wastegate with that kit. I'm really liking the dollar numbers of DD's kit but the Elite kit looks like a way better setup

#5 ·
Oh I see. Does anyone know what all the DD delete intails. I'm really curious on that and what it does to drive pressures vs. Elites kit

#7 ·
Hell ya man for sure just let me no. Hopefully I'll be able to get this list of stuff I have done to it and be able to knock down the 750hp door. But I no I'll be heading up to North Dakota here in a couple weeks so let me no ahead of time and I'll be sure to be around

#10 ·
Once my motor is done and in the truck i was gonna come out that way to visit a friend of mine. Maybe we can get together and take the trucks to bandimere or somethin

#8 ·
If your asking the differences between the cooler delete kits from both places. Well there more or less the same. They both remove the cooler, plug off the water pump points where the egr took and returned coolant and come with the plate for the intake elbow. Both shops offer an intake elbow option as well.
Now if your looking at the wastegate kits. That's a whole different can of worms.
Now for your question of back pressure. Well before I did the wastegate kit I have now I ran the cooler delete kit and noticed I would get a back pressure warning faster than before the cooler delete. This is cause there was less volume for the exhaust to fill and thus able to build pressure faster. I don't think I got higher pressures thou just hit the warning sooner.
Pick which ever company you prefer to deal with. I've dealt with both places and have no trouble with either, I would buy DD's kit as it is way closer to me than elite is. Hope this helps.

#9 ·
Thanks alot Monster. That perty much summed it up for me. Now I'll just be lookin for a wastegate kit. I'm feelin the DD kit just for the simple fact of the money issue. And I've also heard its a good kit to go with, just wanted to get a few questions out of the way first

#12 ·
Ya sounds good. I'm on the other side of the hill from bandimere but hell a road trip never hurt. If your on my side of the hill tho we also have a strip, and if not there are plenty of back roads. Ya for sure send a couple pictures. Its the 970-773 number. If you dont have it just let me no.

#13 ·
For a wastegate kit there's a few options. Elite makes a kit with an optional cfm intake elbow. Rudy offers the same kit I believe. MPD is supposed to release there kit that is apperently able to be installed can on. Finally there is DD and there kit. I know DD isn't building anymore of there wastegate kits so unless you find someone selling a kit your not getting one, think theres someone on this forum that is selling one but not positive. Hope this gives you all the info you need. There's way more info that goes along with understanding back pressure and it's affect on your engine internals, ie your valvetrain and stuff, but that would be pages of info to write out. Later

#14 ·
Right. I appreciate your input on this and I guess I'll be looking. I just dont feel like paying 2k+for Elites kit, not saying it isn't good but dam man thats cuttin the pocket for other things

#16 ·
Well thats good to know cause that was half of the delete bill. I'm still deciding on injectors and pumps I'm not sure if I'm even gunna touch em but studs, intercooler, cac pipe, elbow, full egr delete, trans and tq conv, and a good shot of nos. 800hp is my goal on spray. I dont think I'll go much farther then that but I didn't think I was gunna go any farther then I am now haha. I'm gettin the itch to go bigger. But I'm also deciding if I'm just wasting my money on this tank and just go buy a reg cab and build a race truck. I like the street driven high hp trucks but it has to be reliable due to the milage I put on the truck

#17 ·
Id build a reg cab if i were you bud. Its nice bein able to pound on the truck and not have to worry how your gettin to work the next day. Thats why i decided on my project, if its not broke and i feel like driving it i can, if its broke and i dont feel like fixing it then it can sit.

#18 ·
Davey makes a good point about the race truck option. For some it's just not feasible. I'm going for about 700 on fuel and then whatever the spray gives me. If your planning to make that power your definetly going to need a wastegate. Call some shops and ask questions about your planned project, only if your really serious that is, and they should be able to help you figure out what you need. Later

#22 ·
He never installed it from what I got from him. He has a bunch of stuff that I would love to have, I'm just not ready for it this very moment. And ya Davey, I either need to get another truck and beat on this one or just buy a reg cab

#23 ·
The kit is very well made. Im about to put my kit up for sale. I wanna do high power turbos and after talking with Aaron the kit aint gonna work. But the Dirty Diesel kit in my mind is better, just the way it was designed.

#24 ·
What kit is that? I am thinking highpowers as well for running a 275'ish tune towing to keep egt's below 11 to 1200 max..

#26 ·
So for high powers and max powers you need a custom fab job? It's just I only want to do turbos once and am thinking that down the road the tow powers would be the limiting factor.Any thoughts on this?

#27 ·
Custom fab work if u have the Dirty Diesel kit like i do, thats y i need to sell mine. If u get a elite setup everything should bolt right up no custom fab work. Their kits r made to work with their stuff.

Sorry for the Derail guys.

#28 ·
Thanks for the heads up on what will work and what wont tho

#32 ·
No man I didn't. What number are you sending them to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.