Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Core support with A/C

11K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  wynndaddy 
#1 ·
Hi, a search did not yield what I was looking for, or if it did, I missed it.

I'm having a hard time finding a radiator core support for my 1997 F-250 diesel WITH A/C. The dealer has them for $500.00 but I'm trying to find one cheaper. LMC told me they do not sell them. Anyone have any ideas? All the junkyard trucks in this area are probably rotted. I'm going to call a few southern part distributors to see if they can get me one.

Thanks

Mark

#4 ·
THANK YOU!!!!!!

I think I found what I was looking for. I'm having NDP them measure to be sure.

Thanks again!

#5 ·
Bad news....

I had NDP take a few measurements, and I found they don't have the one I'm looking for.

Most reproductions I have tried are too narrow at the bottom, and the "channel" at the bottom is too narrow to fit the radiator and AC components. The factory one measures about 5 and 1/2 inch's in this channel, and the reproductions usually measure about 2 and 1/2 inch's.

NDP said thier reproductions measured about 2 and 1/2 at the bottom, while thier ford original measured about 5 and 1/2 inches.

I have sent an email to pershing awaiting thier reply.

Thanks

#6 ·
Get the Ford one, and PAINT it. Factory only painted it on the front, the rest was primer, and that's why they rust out.

I just replaced mine last fall, but it was more like 300 from the dealer. Took 3 days and it came out of Michigan, they're getting harder to find, maybe that's why they told you 500.

Dave

#7 ·
I get shop prices on dealer prices. I have to check to see if it was 500 retail or 500 shop price.

I might have to bite the bullet and get the ford one.

#9 ·
Bad news-

Got the price from ford- 500

Good news

I found a complete 95 powerstroke with a good condition core support for
$650 Some minor repairs will need to happen, but it is in considerably better shape than the other one. (plus the PSD sopposedly runs, I just have to throw a starter in it, unless the guy is a complete lair. My buddy is an aquaintnce of him, so hopefully he is right.)

#12 ·
I've compared them side by side, one is about half the size of the other. I looked and the condenser goes on the outside, but the radiator will not fit in the narrower channel. Thats what the shop told me at least.

#14 ·
Ok I'll admit I have not really looked at it that much.

However there is a substantial difference between the two. Is what you are saying is that the bottom part width does not matter?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.