Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cat/Lexion 585R rice harvester

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  530farmboy 
#1 ·
anyone run one of these machines? i have been running one for a couple days. it has been really nice. any common issues you guys come across?

#3 ·
I dont know about the rice harvester, but I have rode in a 595R of a buddies, with a 16 row corn head and needless to say, it made me do bad things to myself.... lol

#4 ·
From what I've heard (keep in mind I work for their competitor), when they run, Cats are the cat's meow. No pun intended
But, a competent dealer (service side) is hard to come by. Parts frequently have a serious supply problem, mostly because a lack of parts depots and dealers.

585R site:newagtalk.com - Google Search

If you've got a good strong service dealer with parts inventory, it'd probably be a good machine.

#6 ·
the dealer near by seems to have a lot of the parts on hand. but the machine is only a year old and hasnt needed much. my boss wants to swap out the 25' header for a 30 footer. with rice thats dry and standing i dont think it would have much of a problem. of course it all depends on the ground speed you want to run.

#7 ·
what dealer are you going through? and i have heard from some of the service guys that if you put a lot of hours in them one year you have to put a lot of time and money in on servicing them in the winter, but they also said they cut close to 15 loads a day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.