Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

p1248

11K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Oldopie 
#1 ·
So i had my truck in for the oil dipstick gasket in the oil pan. I had them ceheck for an exhaust leak so they hooked up a hose to the exhaust and pushed air back to the engine and we heard a little leak. On my way home it ran like crap and had white smoke. Got home and checked to find a code p1248 no boost detection. Looked all over and made a guess on my way home and bought and installed a new map sensor. Ran great right away but still had a little smoke. Got home and the code was not there and i didnt clear it. Wondering if its fixed? Also wondering if the air pushed up could have pushed crap up to the map clogging it or damaging it?

2003 F350 7.3 psd with a remaned engine from ford 40000 miles ago.

#2 ·
Sounds like they pushed too much air the wrong way and with an intake valve open the air pressure would reach the map and if it was too much pressure it most definitely would damage it.

#4 ·
Yes it does suck. Don't try driving the truck like that or you will smoke this trans too.

#6 ·
Crap sorry wrong thread.:doh:

#7 ·
hate it when that happens .
people are like step away from the keyboard,
you had too many.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.