Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2004 6.0l f250 heater blows cold air, help please

11K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  lenzhotrod 
#1 ·
I got the sinister diesel coolant filtration kit and installed it yesterday, got up this morning headed to work, turned heater on and it blows cold air out vent. Temp. Gauge reads fine, water level looks fine. Heater worked good until i installed coolant filter. Any ideas to what could be wrong is appreciated! Oh and i unplugged vacuum line from what i assume is the heater control valve that is on the heater hose that i spliced coolant filter into and hooked it back up afterwards. Thanks

#3 ·
Its the sinister diesel kit, it has a T fitting for the heater hose, then T's back into hose on to of radiator to Degas bottle. The water should flow as normal and only a little at a time goes thru filter. That's why it has me confused to why my heat doesn't work now. I felt of the a/c condenser and those pipes felt cold, like the a/c was on.

#7 ·
Nope. When i cut the heater hose to splice in the T fitting, the wiring harness that runs over the heater hose got caught on the back of the heater control valve and wouldn't allow it to move, so it didn't open! I was like OOOoooo wow! Glad the sun came up and I could see clearly! Only thing that sucks was that I had to wait til I got off work this evening, so it made for a long day loading a rock train and wondering what it could be! When I saw it I felt like such a DA! :doh: :pointlaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.