Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Common Rail 7.3

129K views 393 replies 155 participants last post by  kellywatsong 
#1 ·
I don't know how to embed a video... but here's the link

CRruns.mp4 video by golfert444e - Photobucket

it's running on a 7.3L PCM through our IDM8 instead of the factory IDM.

little ways to go before it goes to the engine dyno...but yesterday was a good day.

#135 ·
For sure! "My 1050 hp 7.3L CR build thread" :blah: LOL :doh:

-Michael

#138 ·
1500 :poke: I do have a '94 2500 too though. :D

#140 ·
I'm not above doing that. LOL

#143 ·
I foresee some new websites being formed.

decummins.com
deduramax.com
restroked.com

:hehe:

#144 ·
#145 ·
I think "Unduramax.com" sounds better but that's just me. :ford: :D

-Michael

#148 ·
Unduramaxed.com it is! Shall I reserve the domin name? :hehe:

So what's the e.t.a on completion of ironing out the little things so we can see what this thing will do?

#152 ·
yea but i was thinkin since it doesnt sound like a stroke why still call it a stroke:poke:

#154 ·
I got it! The 7.3L Powerswamp!

#157 ·
I like the idea of the "Hybrid Powerstroke" you take the strengths of two engines and combine them into one and you just created one bad ass/slightly scary beast!

#158 ·
This may be a little bit of a silly question, but is their any speculation as to the kind of power this motor will produce?

#166 ·
400hp easy. Heck, the 2009 6.4l made 350hp & 650 ft-lb stock(Answers.com - How much horsepower does a 2009 powerstroke have), and that's with less displacement and a lot of emissions crap strangeling it. And this project uses the 6.4l injectors, fuel rails, and HPFPs. The 6.7 makes 400hp from the factory now.
I would imagine 600-70hp and still have street manners so smooth that grandma could drive it. On a dedicated pulling truck? 1000 wouldn't be too far out of line with supporting air flow.

#160 ·
Ok, I know its just a joke, but I have to ask. Other than poking fun at dodge guys, why on earth would you want to put a 7.3l in a dodge truck!??! Their engine is the only thing remotely decent on them!! That would be making fun of the 7.3 to stick it in there! I would actually feel sorry for the motor! :hehe:

#162 ·
i really want to see this offered as kit or something. Im slowly building my truck to the plus 550 mark and im just waiting to see how long it will hold up as a dd and race truck (sumwhat race truck compared to others on here). But as soon as she does let go, if she does, I would love to do a twin turbo common rail 7.3l. As i was planning on doing a twin set up common rail or not

#163 ·
Swamps has to finish all the tuning first. this project is over 2 years old, so theres no reason to rush things. Once it's running good and doing everything Jon ask's it to do, it'll housed in my race truck. I doubt much daily driving will be done, but it will be ran on the street. It will however, be tested heavily on the drag strip. Were going to go as fast as we possibly can, I don't think were going to be dissapointed :D

#176 ·
I just thought about something... Where's Mike D. at??? He hasn't been on in a while from I've seen... Hasn't even commented on the DPC thread :eek:

#178 ·
Would that not be BA? :psn::evil
IMO it's going to be unstoppable..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.