Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 Coolant Filter Kit?

21K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  F-117HWK 
#1 ·
Im looking at a coolant filter kit for my 6.0. Just wondering how effective these are and are they worth the money? Here is a link to the kit im looking at:

2003-2007 6.0L Coolant Filtration System

As always, Thanks in advance guys.

#3 ·
I know Adam from FCDP suggested one for me, especially when we found out my oil cooler plugged on the coolant side from the casting sand. I'm not sure what all his kit includes, didn't go into it, but Stroker since you bought his EGR delete, try him out for the coolant filter.

#6 ·
Alright, thanks for all the replies guys, looks like im gonna order it tomorrow. How hard was the install?

#8 ·
Sweet Thanks

#9 ·
Ordered the kit today, cant wait for it to come in

#10 ·
Stroker, are you going to take and post pics like you did for your CCV mod? That was quite useful to us future installers. :D

#17 ·
I'd be interested to see what you had to do to make it fit. I've got the banks technicooler I/C too and am hesitant to buy the coolant filter kit because I wasn't sure if I could fit it in there...

#13 ·
123rday68, If you guys want me to i will do my best to take pics for the coolant filter install. Im pretty sure the kit comes with full install instructions, but yea ill take some pics for you guys.

#14 ·
123rday68, If you guys want me to i will do my best to take pics for the coolant filter install. Im pretty sure the kit comes with full install instructions, but yea ill take some pics for you guys.
Thanks, You don't have too though. I was just going back to the DIY books again. LOL

#15 ·
LOL, ill take some pics of the install for you guys. Anything to help out my fellow PSN Brothers!

#16 ·
Im looking at a coolant filter kit for my 6.0. Just wondering how effective these are and are they worth the money? Here is a link to the kit im looking at:

2003-2007 6.0L Coolant Filtration System

As always, Thanks in advance guys.
A coolant filter for the 6.0 is not only effective, it's essential to long term reliability of the 6.0 motor.

On another site, I have a thread about a friend of mine that had to spend $2200 to have his oil cooler. EGR cooler and degas bottle replaced due to a cracked EGR cooler caused by the oil cooler plugging up with coolant debris.

I don't think it can be said enough: If you own a 6.0 PSD engine, you need a coolant filter installed on it.

Make sure to watch for the filter plugging up around the first 500-1200 miles. When it does and you replace it, take pics of the cut open filter.

Good luck.

Al

#21 ·
Will the Coolant Filter kit fit with a By-Pass Oil Filter installed too?

They both look like they end up in the same area.

Thanks

#27 ·
Here are some pix of what I did this afternoon.
Made a bracket, painted it and the filter mounting base...installed onto rad support...(Scratches were in the support from the intercooler install about 4 years ago.)

Attachments

#31 ·
cjetcat- No the filter wont fit with the oil by-pass. I just put the by-pass on this afternoon and had to remove the coolant filter. I may just mount it on the frame close to the front bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.