Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help with P1316 Code and IDM issue.

78K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  cjfisher 
#1 ·
I have a 99 F250 and my problem started when all of a sudden at a stop light it started running really rough and the Service Engine Soon light came on for about 5 seconds and the problem went away. About 20 minutes later it happened again while driving and lasted for about 10 or so seconds. When I got home, I pulled DTC code P1316 using my SuperChips programmer. I drove the truck a couple of more times and it kept happening more often until finally it just runs like crap all the time, barely idles and the service engine light stays on, and the DTC code P1316 still now showing up. My initial thought was my IDM was bad so I ordered a reman unit from a company in Florida. I installed it, cleared my DTC codes, the truck started right up and idled smoothly. I drove the truck for about a 1/2 mile, got down on the throttle about 3/4 of the way and bamm like turning off a switch the truck started running like crap again and service engine light is coming on. Pulled the DTC code P1316 again. After reading a few post, I know now to look at the UVC gasket and wire harness. I don't have a scanner so can't do a buzz test so I unplugged driver side UVC harness attempted to start it and it would not, plugged the driver side back in and unplugged the pass side and it started. So, assuming the pass side UVC gasket and/or harness is bad, I bought a new set from ford and installed it. No luck. Same problem. I then used the old pass side gasket and harness and installed it on the driver side assuming maybe the driver side is bad. No luck. Same problem. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :doh:

See less See more
#31 ·
I think I might be making some headway. I changed my factory IDM back out with the reman unit I bought. The truck ran exactly the same as expected. However, when I run a KOEO test I'm now pulling the DTC code P0273 Cylinder 5 Injector Circuit Low. Everything I'm finding says that the harness is short to ground. If that is the case, shouldn't I be able to tell with an ohm meter?

#33 ·
Yep, I'll be dam. I got a bad Reman IDM. I swapped mine with a friends 2002 7.3 and it started right up and ran perfect. I bought my IDM from AutoComputerExchange - 5414 Stirling Road, in Davie, Florida. They are sending me another unit. However, that doesn't help me recover the $200 I wasted on replacing the pass side vc gasket and uvc wire harness not to mention all the time it took to troubleshoot to get to this point. Had to miss a day of work as well. I woulnd't buy from them again.

#39 ·
Israel,

You have necro-ed a thread that has been dead for years... Please post your problem as a new thread and we''l have a crack at it.

Cj

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.