Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Direct solenoid for 5r110

40K views 86 replies 19 participants last post by  Zmann 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering where to get one of these? And also the EDM solenoid? I think thats right. Anyone have one?

#2 ·
What do you mean edm solenoid? Haven't heard of that one. I believe you can get the Suncoast solenoid thru Diesel Innovations though. It's not listed on their site but you can call and order it. Diesel Innovations

#8 ·
what is it run price wise??

#10 ·
Cobbs did have it on his website for $160ish IIRC or heck you can order them straight from suncoast.

#15 ·
I replaced one a while back with help from brian at BTS over the phone.

My truck had a delay in shifting from park-drive/reverse. He referred to it as a "pressure control solenoid" and it was on the far right on the front bank. I remember it saying something similiar on the ford parts box when I bought it... I'm sure if you gave him a call he could answer any questions about the trans for you...

#23 ·
BUMP! I need help guys, my truck has been running like garbage for 9 months, and I think this is the issue!

#25 ·
There's a post on the ORG with about a dozen guys having this issue...

Start the truck up, let it warm up a few minutes, take off down the road. Runs great until it shifts into 3rd gear and the next gear (4th or 5th, guess it depends if it skips it or not). Once it hits third the motor sounds funny and if you roll into the throttle just a little bit the truck starts skipping like an injector is misfiring. I originally though injectors, but now it seems other guys have this issue and they're all pointing to these solenoids. My problem came about appx 2,500 miles after I got this reman tranny in. It didn't happen overnight, and it seems to be getting ever so slightly worse as time goes on. Its been like this for about 9 months.

Also once warmed up, the truck wont miss or buck, but the shifting is completely erratic. At WOT, the truck will shift anywhere between 3100 rpms and 3700rpms, and my rev limit on the SCT is set at 4050. Before the reman tranny and headstuds (when I first got the tuner) it would run right to 4050 in every gear no problem. Now this...

#29 ·
The thing that bugs me is it was fine before, now its not... something happened. $176 is a lot to me anyways, I'm unemployed at the moment and money is tight.:(

#31 ·
Please do, you're the first glimpse of hope I've had in the last 9 months. If I had a job, I would have traded this thing in already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.