Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Code Scanner Recommendation

20K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dblamp 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive code scanner (under $250.00) to pull codes off my 2000 F250? Thanks!

#2 ·
If all you want is a code reader, you can search Ebay for a used Superchips programmer. Those usually go for cheap, especially if they are still vin locked. Even a vin locked one can still pull codes. Just make sure you get one that's for the 7.3L.

Other than that, I would recommend Autoenginuity. You'll spend about $350 for it, but it does way more than just a simple code reader.

#4 ·
Go here for AE. Give Dennis a call, he will tell you everything you need. I believe it may be the same or better price than buying directly from AE.

#5 ·
Follow the link Andy gave you. That's where I bought AE as well. Dennis has top notch customer service, and has a forum section dedicated to answering AE questions.

When you look on his site, you can select various packages. In order to use AE on the Powerstrokes, you need to get AE with the Ford Bundle.

#7 ·
all obdII ports are the same just get a cheap one if you are hard pressed. it doesnt need to be for powerstroke. Any scanner will work form any auto part store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.