Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dually Pics

91K views 177 replies 66 participants last post by  PowerStrokingMachine 
#1 ·
Post up some pics of your duallys. I'm gonna fix up the white '05 crew-cab dually we just got. Gotta a basic plan of the Harley grill painted white, black insert, 3/5 DJM drop, black wheels with chrome center caps, '08 tailgate, smoked Harley lights, probably smoked taillights, side markers, etc... Wanna get some other ideas though.

#121 ·
well, a 12.5 on a 6in wheel isnt the best.... for a 37 i might've gotten a 3in spacer but i dunno. And please don't get a aluminum spacer....IMO 35" tires is the biggest i would go on a dually.

#123 ·
Yea but would probably not do it again. Ordered my tires from discount, and wen they finally came they said they can't mount them anymore because Of safety. I spent all day tryin to find someone that would mount them, and they all said it's almost impossible to balence that big of a tire. But with that all said it still has a killer stance :) also the 12.5 don't wear out nice and even on a 6in rim.

#126 ·
That's what I got best place is sams club. From what I searched. If u need help with spacers lemme know.

#127 ·

These are with all terrain tires.

#129 ·
I pull about a 12 to 13,000 lbs toy hauler and it still has space :)

#130 ·
Sweet rigs everyone! I dont any good pics right now but ill post some up asap! I have the same set up as Jomax! Nice truck BTW

#133 ·
Thanks!

#131 ·
Semperfidoordie... I am planning on having some pics taken of my truck this weekend if you want to see my setup with 285's. I went back and forth the same as you on which tire size to get and I am more than happy with my 285's. I think the 285's are a good balance between truck and tire. Plus with 285's you wont have to add a spacer to the front to prevent lock to lock tire rub.

#134 ·
Is yours lifted ?? Where's your rpm at 65mph?? Do ya know mpg?? Hope its not to many questions :)

#136 ·
Mine is just leveled, not lifted. At 65mph I am just slightly over 2000rpm and I have 4.10's. I really dont care about my MPG's but I have checked a couple times and I am running in the neighborhood of upper 15's to lower 16mpg (empty). I will say it seems to have been better on mileage since I have gone to a slightly bigger tire. Rides a heck of a lot better too, but then again I have replaced all the shocks, bushings and such while I was at it too.

And please... dont cheap out on the spacers. Get the steel hubcentric spacers. Better safe than sorry.

#137 ·
Pics!! Did u lift the rear?

#142 ·
Nice rig :ford:

#143 ·

The exhaust no longer exits in front of wheel.

#144 ·
what size tires?? you changed the front hubs??

#145 ·
265/75-16 front, 235/85-16 rear. I removed the front hub extension and swapped the wheel studs from the extension to the actual hub.

#147 ·
Main reason was becouse the stock size dually tires (pizza cutters) bulged especially with the extra weight of a snow plow hanging off the front. More surface area. I could have put the larger tires on the stock dually rims but then those would look weird too. Also, don't like the look of the star rims on the front especially with the cheesy ugly plastic center caps. Also to be original. Some day I'm gonna get some custom rims and make them all match. But for now it will do.

#148 ·
Quick, maybe dumb question but if I put a 2" leveling kit on my truck, with a 2" spacer in the rear, will I fit 33x1250s pretty easily?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.