Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Labor cost for EGR delete.

50K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Motown fire 
#1 ·
I called a local shop and I was given a price of $1650 for the kit and labor. Does this sound about right?

#2 ·
I wouldn't know exactly, but seems high to me... I paid 200 (RCD off Ebay) for my kit and paid a local guy 300 to install it for me...

#6 ·
we can usually do an egr delete,oil coooler,labor and fluids for right around 1600

#7 ·
Someone wanna do my orange to blue hose swap out.... i cant figure it out for the life of me..... ::doh:: I have the blue hose and i see the orange hose. Do i have to get pliers in there to turn the orange hose? Do i have to remove the little cover with the torx bits and for what reason? Dealer wants $300 to replace the hose, this is just labor and Coolant!

O and i would just buy the kit and put it on yourself, or just find a local shop that works on diesels that would be able to do it alot cheaper!

#10 ·
there is no way to do studs,egr and oil cooler the correct way for 13oo,hopefully thats parts alone

#12 ·
Well when you do the EGR delete you have to replace this hose, its sort of the part of the topic... haha sorry bout taking over your thread. ::doh::

#17 ·
got a number for them.my trucks in houston right now..puked oil and coolant out of the degass bottle.no warning at all.shut the truck off and a friend said something is comming out of your truck.bought a delete kit and new oil cooler.hope thats all it is.........:bowfast:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.