Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

easiest way to install egr delete kit

86K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  sniperonhigh 
#1 ·
Im looking for the easiest way to install a egr delete kit on my 04 f-350 6.0 i dont have any access to a lift. anyone have any pointers before i start

#2 ·
You don't need a lift. Open the hood. Remove the intercooler tubes. Remove the turbo. Remove the intake. Also attached the oil cooler docs. If you want to change it while you are in there.

Attachments

#7 ·
I did the one from First Coast diesel and I had to remove the intake manifold, it made it a lot easier. As for the turbo, it doesn't have to come off but if I were to do it again, I definitely would because it was a PITA but my buddy didn't want to take it off for some reason. :shrug:

#12 ·
You do have to loosen the intake to get the EGR cooler out though. Easier to go ahead and remove it, as everyone said. If you can get it out without lifting the intake I would like to know how. I would advise doing the oil cooler rebuild while you are in there, if you haven't already decided to. Not much left after you make it to the EGR cooler.

If is your first time removing the turbo, it is not as easy as 3 bolts and a couple clamps (Especially if you have an 03). The turbo was the hardest part. I had to remove the pedestal also to get the intake out.

My 03 is torn down to the oil cooler right now.

#15 ·
sorry im still learning on all the diesel mechanics, ive already had my EGR replaced on my 05 f350 6.0, what would be the benefits form doing an all out delete besides not haveing to replace it again eventually??

#17 ·
the ones i have done you only have to loosen the intake, not remove it entirely. once you do one they get easier. i can do one in about 2 hours but i have done several. when you loosen intake bolts leave them in the intake so you dont forget where they go!!!!

#19 ·
Is there a need for new intake manifold gaskets, or just stick with the originals?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.