Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

P0705?????

24K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  mclarengts 
#1 ·
So the truck im interested in is a 2003 F250 with the 7.3 in it. well I took it to the dealor ship, so they could do a full diagnostic check on it. Also I had a few questions for them. The OFF on the overdrive button kept flashing. So when they were done they said that it was a P0705 code, because the Torque Converter was slipping, and the repair was $1200. When I looked up P0705 it says Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL input)?? Whats the deal with that? TR Sensor does not sound like torque converter to me..

Can anyone educate me on this??

#2 ·
It has nothing to do with the torque converter. If it really is P0705 the problem is either a bad Transmission Range Sensor (<$100) or a bad wire to the range sensor.

#7 ·
Tell the seller what the dealership said, get him to knock that much off the price. Take the truck home, call a tranny vendor on this site, buy a tranny range sensor from them and install it yourself.

If Mark Kovalski says something about a tranny, you can pretty much take it to the bank.

#11 ·
ford-trucks.com said:
# P0740 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction
# P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off
# P0742 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Stock On
# P0743 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical
# P0744 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Intermittent
# P0745 Pressure Control Solenoid Malfunction
This should cover it

#15 ·
# P0780 Shift Malfunction
# P0781 1-2 Shift Malfunction
# P0782 2-3 Shift Malfunction
# P0783 3-4 Shift Malfunction

# P0730 Incorrect Gear Ratio
# P0731 Gear I Incorrect ratio
# P0732 Gear 2 Incorrect ratio
# P0733 Gear 3 Incorrect ratio
# P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect ratio

Possibly...

Ford OBDII Diagnostic Trouble Codes - P0700-P0799 - Transmission .: Articles is where I found these...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.