Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.4 front seal leak...3rd time in....

22K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  BKB 
#1 ·
Front seal leak ....small leak but still.....3rd time in 15,000 miles.....What the hell is going on? Any body "been there-done that" ?

#3 ·
Do you know if the are replacing the sleeve that goes over the end of the crank with the new seal? I have heard that if it is not replaced with the seal it is more likely to leak.

Or they could be installing it incorrectly I just finished the 6.4 courses through Ford.

#4 ·
Is to much boost causing this?

#5 ·
Mine did this when I was out doing the learning process for my new TCM/275, but it was just a small amount, not enough to even make it drip, wiped it off and so far it hasn't done it again, I thought it was from doing the learning process as I had my foot into it real hard and most likely my boost was real high during this process, right now I'm not going to worry about it as I don't normally run my truck that hard, cleaned it up real good and just watching.

#10 ·
the seals on a 6.4 are designed to be put in dry there teflon coated the tech putting seals is is probably coating seal or crank thus ruining the seal and it will leak they need to put seal in dry and clean crank and use the special seal driver should seal then just my .02

#11 ·
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I'm having the same issue. Took my 2008 Harley Edition in a few months back while it was bone stock for a front main seal leak (according to dealer). After about a week they fixed it. Changed my oil last week and while I was under there I noticed fresh oil in the same area. Got under there today and sprayed degreaser on the area, wiped it down, and started the truck. While it was running I crawled underneath and watched the oil start to ooze from the same area. Guess it's going back to the dealer again. After I got the truck back the last time I tuned/deleted/CAI so I'm wondering if I should turn it back to stock before I go back in.:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.