Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Factory ford navigation lock out

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  crowz 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard of a way to over ride the navigation so you can enter addresses on the fly? I am so use to my old kenwood nav system entering info on the fly. This will suck having to pull over every time I want to change something. I am a contractor and use nav all the time. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
The lockpick is supposed to work for these, but its not cheap -http://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm

#3 ·
rumor has it that some how you can unlock it with ford's computer,but im not sure it just what i have heard

#5 ·
Got this off another forum. Thanks to wiingnut
My nav now allows me to access POI's while the vehicle is in motion. You will not find this on internet. I finally found out at work.

Here we go!

1. Take vehicle outside and agree to nav instructions. The gps needs to know its position.

2. Push hard nav button (on right side of radio). Go to your address book. Pick any of one of your saved addresses. Now that address is highlighted, look to right and push soft edit button. You will now see name of saved address.

3. Clear name of saved address and type in F-DEVELOP ON
(make sure to put space between DEVELOP and ON).

4. Now look to the upper left corner and you will see the word ADDRESS. Place your finger directly under the A and hold. If you do this right, the screen should change to the map screen.

5. Now push your hard menu button (on left side of radio). Across top of radio push soft SECURITY button. You have now entered security screen. You will see nothing in the lower right most corner of nav screen. Push your finger and hold in that position till the screen changes.

6. You now have entered a parameter screen. Locate DRIVING RESTRICTIONS release. When you push the button it should change to driving restrictions stop. Exit the screen by pushing the soft BACK button.

7. Congrats you have just programmed your factory nav radio. NOTE: Every time you turn your vehicle off, you will need to repeat steps 5 & 6.

Good luck and enjoy. If you choose to monkey around with your other parameters, do so at your own risk. I will not be responsible for your dealer service call. If you have any further questions, please pm me and I will do my best to help. This programming sequence should work for only the so called first generation navs. It will not work in the MY09, second generation. This has been used to reprogram many MY 07 and MY 08 Ford vehicles.

#7 ·
found this online also. dont really want to do steps 5 and 6 each time but if that is what it takes then so be it I guess. Thanks

#10 ·
Im going to copy this one over to the library. Someones bound to need this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.