Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0L Won't Start. HELP!

10K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  FORD350GA 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to forum and need help. I have a 2005 F-350 with a 6.0L. Went out the other morning and it would turn over fine, but wouldn't start. In Nov 09 had EGR, EGR Cooler, HPOP replaced. Not a minutes trouble since that fix until now. Gave code P06111 on Saturday, checked oil pressure today and it's good. Sprayed WD40 in intake, fired up and then quickly died. Any and all help is appreciated....

#2 ·
P0611 is the infamous FICM death code. In plain English, the FICM needs to be replaced. P0611 means that the PCM "saw" FICM_M power drop to less than 45 volts. Peak FICM_M voltage is anywhere between 47.5 to 49.0 volts. Given the fact that your truck doesn't start and/or stay running at all, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that FICM_M on your truck has dropped to as low as the 20s.

#5 ·
Check your FICM_L, FICM_M and FICM_V data while it's at Key-On/Engine-Off and while you crank the engine over as you attempt to start the engine. What are the readings you get under both of the following conditions?

#7 ·
Truck update

Wanna start by saying m-chan68 has been big help in diagnosing my trucks problem. We have narrowed it down to the FICM and today I'll be taking the old one out and hopefully borrowing a good one to stick in. If I can't borrow one, then I'll be re-soldering the old one.

If anybody has any experience with this or helpful tips please send them my way.

Thanks TAMU PSD for the info. With that link you sent and a cold 12 pack what can go wrong?!?!

#8 ·
If the FICM checks out, you may want to replace the IPR, we have had 2 that were running fine, shut them off and no restart.
put a new IPR in and they run fine.
or at least pull the IPR and verify the screen is not torn.

#10 ·
Well, I ended up ordering a 58V FICM from Swamps. It took them about a week to send me one, which I thought was pretty good. We installed it today and she fired up on the first try! She is running GREAT and I am very pleased with Swamps and all there staff.

Thanks guys for all your input, you've all been a big help. This is my first diesel truck and this forum has taught me alot. :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.