Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

IPR problems....

15K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Bockhold 
#1 ·
I have seen many IPR problems, all consistant with taking out the IPR and cleaning it then have more problems or worse afterwards. Has anyone ever really fixed the problems?
I have a '97 powerstroke with intake mod and Superchips tuner. I have replaced the valve cover gaskets and wiring, replaced CPS, and Glow plug relay with the Stancor unit. It has alway had what feels light a slight miss. Under throttle it really shows up worse. It chugs sometimes between 35 and 50 mph.
I thought maybe the IPR was dirty so I took it out to clean it. Probably the worse mistake I could have made. Now it runs like crap, idles from about 650 up to over 900 then back down. Codes are 1209, 1282, 1210, 1211. I see that they all are associated with the IPR. I took it out again, put new O-rings in made sure it was put together like it came apart but stll runs same codes and Idle problems.
Any Ideas, or suggestions? Mike

#2 ·
Yep, get a new IPR. You either lost something or it is the electrical part of the IPR that is not working correctly and you can't repair that.

Reactions: rymotheonest
#3 ·
Who would have it the cheapist? International wants $300

#8 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I see that Fleet Source has one for $159.00 Free shipping. Anyone else close to that? Mike. I'm in Vancouver, Wa

#10 ·
Well it looks like i'm on my way to getting it fixed. IPR was sticking so I replaced that and ICP was weak also.
I really owe a big THANK YOU, to COTA. He stepped up and loaned me a few parts for repairs and diagnosis so I wasn't chasing my tail and wasting money. Also thanks to the others who helped with suggestions. Great bunch of people! Mike

#11 ·
ok so i am having trouble with my truck starting. i dont have very much pressure coming out of the line. So i was wondering if my IPR needs to be replaced? I had taken the fuel bowl off for 2 days and it ran before I took it off. And i have been trying to get it started for a week and a half now. Any help would be awsome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.