Moving to Baltimore, keeping excursion a bad idea? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Moving to Baltimore, keeping excursion a bad idea?

I am retiring from the navy and was offered a job in the Baltimore area. It comes with a company car, but I have to keep one of my 2 vehicles for trips to visit my son in NC. I have a 03 6.0 Excursion (paid for) and a 06 Liberty CRD (making payments).

I have been told I'm ok for emissions (studs, egr delete, looney tune), but that most parking garages are 6ft and the ex is too tall. I had the thought of finding a house/townhouse east/southeast of town so I'd have a place to park.

Anyone from the area with thoughts on how feasible it is to drive an excursion up there? Or good places to live? It doesn't have to be fancy, but clean and relatively safe. I am single (41), with a son who may visit on occasion. And I have tools/garage stuff so a garage or extra room would be ideal.

Thanks

Last edited by buddy357; 03-25-2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 08:35 PM
"Slap hands slap hands"

Re: Moving to Baltimore, keeping excursion a bad idea?

Curious to see answer on this. Would be surprised if the parking garages weren't made big enough for a standard size excursion or pickup to fit in. That wouldn't make any sense to me.

JB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 08:46 PM
PSN Local

I live in Houston and our standard vehicle is a lifted F250/F350 they will not fit the parking garages....my stock height F350 does but just barely. I would keep the Ford and dump the Liberty. But I don't have a space issue parking so lets get some local Baltimore input.

1996 F350 Crewcab lb 2wd auto, tommylift, now over 405k, 355k 3/31/15

1991 F250 Xtracab lb 2wd auto, sold again! Driveline and chassis going under a '65 F350

1965 F100 styleside, power brakes, front discs, 390 all the goodies

2008 Mustang WIP, warriors in pink, wife's
2009 Focus, son's

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Sabol

The title for this post should read: where to get a car hauler cheap. Can you keep them both? Is your Ex lifted?

- Adam
2011 F350 6.7 CCSB Lariat FX4 stock
2006 F250 6.0 CCSB Lariat FX4 4" lift 4" exhaust
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Sabola, I would keep both, but I am being provided a company car. I will be doing field service work. I can use it for personal use (with mileage limits), thats what got me hoping to use it locally and use the excursion for trips. My son lives north of Raleigh, NC and I get visitation, but I have to go get him. I've been using the jeep with all the weather lately, Even though the ex is 4x4. I don't want to get it hit by an idiot. So I've been driving the CRD.

When looking for a place I found a lot of apt's don't have parking. Monthly spots in a garage seem to go for 90-200 a month but a lot listed a max height of 6ft. Stock and with 31's it was taller than that. I run 32's but no lift.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 12:16 AM
PSN Local

I live roughly an hour from Baltimore. If your excursion is lifted you'll struggle in a garage. But the only Parking garages are downtown. Unless the job makes you park downtown you should be ok. Love my excursion. Would never move to a place that I couldn't keep it
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I got an email from the company listing basically their preferred area based on field service response times (I'll be on call sometimes even when not working, overtime if I have to respond) and where I'll be working. It's below:

Much of the work is either in Baltimore or going South. Colombia, Elicott City, west Catonsville, Northern Anne Arundel County.

I am hoping to find something in that area that gives a driveway but we'll see. I just got to Glenn burnie and I am not going to look at places today. Maybe get a room somewhere and do more online seaching.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 11:51 AM
PSN Local

I would look into Columbia or Elicott City. You'll have the most room there. Of those two, Elicott City would be my #1 choice.

1996 F-350 CCLB dually, 4.10, 235/85R-16, ZF5, Tymar intake, Alabama Flowmaster, Isspro gauges, TS chip, Tightwad Mod
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

How about Halethorpe? I found 1 nice place there
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 02:35 AM
PSN Newb

Not a bad part of town. I'd stay out of Anne arundel county if I could. Some areas can be pretty bad between Baltimore and dc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode