How do you correctly measure your lift - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Dont know what I want

How do you correctly measure your lift

I dont really know how to word this but, how would you determine how much lift you have if you didnt install the kit? Is there a specific way to do this?

Some come to sit and think, Some come to sh*t and stink, I come to play with my balls and read the writing thats on the walls...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 AM
PSN Local

Re: How do you correctly measure your lift

measure the distance from the frame to the axle on your truck and a stock truck. subtract the two and viola... you've got the lift height.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbody250 View Post
measure the distance from the frame to the axle on your truck and a stock truck. subtract the two and viola... you've got the lift height.
IN that measurement you would have to take in the height of the bigger tires over stock also
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 05:17 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukewelder View Post
IN that measurement you would have to take in the height of the bigger tires over stock also
The distance he is telling him to measure is between the frame and the axle, so the tire size wouldn't change that measurement.

'05 Excursion Limited, 8" Full Traction Coil-Over Conversion w/King reservoir, 38" Mickey Thompson MTZ, 4.56 gears, ARB front and rear, Sinister Diesel Complete 6.0 solution, PowerMax, AFE intake, MBRP 4", Tunes from Eric at Innovative

2015 Platinum, 8" Icon Stage 4, 38" Toyo M/T, 20x10 Dropstar 645 MB wheels, Carli Long Travel Air Bags.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
chasin beer drinkin women

but it wouldnt account for a body lift

95 PSD zf5, straight pipe exhaust, 35" bfg all terrains.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson444 View Post
but it wouldnt account for a body lift
True, but if he has a body lift it will be pretty easy to tell (and measure that).

'05 Excursion Limited, 8" Full Traction Coil-Over Conversion w/King reservoir, 38" Mickey Thompson MTZ, 4.56 gears, ARB front and rear, Sinister Diesel Complete 6.0 solution, PowerMax, AFE intake, MBRP 4", Tunes from Eric at Innovative

2015 Platinum, 8" Icon Stage 4, 38" Toyo M/T, 20x10 Dropstar 645 MB wheels, Carli Long Travel Air Bags.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
PSN Local

I could be wrong, but if I'm not mistaken, they figure your tires in with it. Ex. I had an 8" lift from fabteck on my 02. But the rear block they sent was only 5" or so. Not 8" tall. Same with the front leafs, they weren't 8" taller than stock. With that being said, you should be able to measure your truck in stock form, then measure it WITH the lift AND tires on it, and that's what they call xxx" lift. Meaning, if your truck is 8" taller with all the stuff on it, it's an 8" lift.

Again, I could be way off here, and the boys at Truck Toyz will clear all this up. But from past experience with mine, that is what I think.

2011 Cadi CTS-V
2013 F250 ECLB 6.7 2wd
2013 Platinum, SPE tuned
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Super Duty Mod

no they don't figure tires in the advertised lift Height

many lift companies just are full of Chit IMHO Real world gains from company to company seem to vary

O6 King Ranch cc sb 8 inch lift ,37 Toyo's,Helo’s Edge Insight CTS guage only , Auber EGT , o8 center console , xm satellite ,coolant filter,RSX 9000 shocks,dual TGC dual steering stabilizers ,Viper , remote toolbox popper, High Idle mod , $ link Rize , ARP's, BPD EGR cooler, Fabtech traction bars, Tony's tune
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 07:13 PM
King Dingaling

Frame to axle..its the only way....BUT...you may have some spring/leaf sagging...lifts drop over time.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 07:53 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesin View Post
I dont really know how to word this but, how would you determine how much lift you have if you didnt install the kit? Is there a specific way to do this?
I usually use a tape measure

Just kidding man I couldn't resist. Probably not as funny as I think it is
I measure before and after I installed it. Usually don't put the tires on right away so don't need to put that into account. If you do then minus tire difference. I find most quality lift companies will be pretty close to advertised lift but then you have to consider what other acc. you have on the vehicle that might add extra weight.
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode