Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

High amp alternator

7K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  oneton 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if there is an alternator that is over 115 amp and one that charges full at an idle. Also has anyone ever put the huge ambulance alternator on there truck before.

#2 ·
#6 ·
#7 ·
Where did you get the maxi 300A fuse block? I have installed the 200amp from paperformance.com. Works good when the idle is higher. But a little low when just regular idle.

#9 ·
So it was already on the truck? I have been looking for one but the parts stores don't seem to have any that big.

#10 ·
#12 ·
so to install the ambulance alternator what all do you have to do to the truck to make it work correctly.

#13 ·
Need:
- alternator
- longer bolts
- harness
- serpentine belt

And it's bolt on ;)

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#16 ·
how much much was the harness and belt also what do i ask for from ford an alternater harness with the ambulance package. Do you need bigger wire anywhere cause of the higher amps?? What kind of difference did u see. I run a snow plow and after a while my batts are weak because the stock one doesnt charge enough at a low rpm.

#17 ·
#18 ·
how long ago did u get that harness because ford is telling me its obsolite and there are none left in the country??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.