Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Open source tuning

Discuss.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination. Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Cummins Power

Re: Open source tuning

I have no interest in tuning myself but have learned a lot from the discussions.

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
post #3 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
Discuss.
Explain

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #4 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Hater Club

Mildly interested. It's something I like learning about, but I grown to love live tuning. With all the other BS in my life, this would be another distraction. Maybe next year when I get one project finished and move to the new play toy.

Unless the price is that which I could not pass up.

Porch Monkey. It's cool, I'm taking it back.
post #5 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Butt-Head

I said "yes" simply because the lock and key everyone's got on these archaic dinosaurs is stupid. It costs big money to do anything with these trucks and that includes tuning.

Hell, these trucks are anywhere between 6-14 years old and they're old technology. Like you said, David, gassers have been getting open-source tuning junk for years....but only because the gains are marginal. Of course, once someone figures out that big power is available just in the tuning (diesels), those that have.....well...have it. Those few who have it figure that those who don't can get bent and fork over big bucks for their secrets.

It's really sad. But then again, if cracking code is your bread and butter, you should get paid.

Cody
post #6 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I said "yes" simply because the lock and key everyone's got on these archaic dinosaurs is stupid. It costs big money to do anything with these trucks and that includes tuning.

Hell, these trucks are anywhere between 6-14 years old and they're old technology. Like you said, David, gassers have been getting open-source tuning junk for years....but only because the gains are marginal. Of course, once someone figures out that big power is available just in the tuning (diesels), those that have.....well...have it. Those few who have it figure that those who don't can get bent and fork over big bucks for their secrets.

It's really sad. But then again, if cracking code is your bread and butter, you should get paid.
I just sold the fuelie set up off my mustang (going carb.)this week because I got tired of the eec glitches. I hope the diesel tuners can get past all the eec crap and make it alot more friendly .

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #7 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 AM
Body Type: MULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post

.....o wait, we are not talking about a durmax are we?

Even though there are programs like EFIlive, the tuners STILL make lots of profit because there simply are not enough people that can do it themselves or even care to to even mess with it. Most everyone shares there tips and tricks in the 6.6L world.

2011- F250 PSD CCSB 4x4 HS PERFORMANCE Tuning DPF OFF EGR OFF TRUCK HAPPY DRIVER HAPPY

your #1 NON-Cult member of the USA Government JustinM.
post #8 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Banning Smut

Not interested. I'll leave it to a trusted tuner.
post #9 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 05:21 PM
I make smut cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
Not interested. I'll leave it to a trusted tuner.

I'll take it one step further, I'll leave it to a trusted tuner but be sure and explain what I'd like. Alot can go wrong with a "newb" tuning his own ride..... IMO of course

Cowboy Steve
post #10 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Stimulated

I'm always interested in learning as much as possible about anything I have. I'm really interested in how all the computer components work and how they control the drivetrain; and have the ability to tell the computer exactly what I want it to do. Of course I have a LOT to learn first.

1995 Chevrolet C1500 6.5

1995 Z28 w/ 2.73's

Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode