No fuel rail pressure - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

No fuel rail pressure

I just rebuilt and installed a 6.4 engine and deleted everything running the h&s mini. 8 new injectors all new lines and washers. I get a icp rail code on auto enginuity. Now when I bleed it I get constant bubbles when low pressure pump kicks on then the bubbles slowly go away and then when I crank it I get so many bubbles it's unreal almost like there is more air coming through the line than fuel and that's on the line with the schrader valve. I've also have the special fitting for the rear banjo and the air does the same thing there. This is gonna be the first start since rebuilt. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: No fuel rail pressure

Also is there any special testing procedures?

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:54 PM
Master BS'er

Are the bubbles coming out of the feed line?

Jamie.

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!

"The length of an attack depends upon the arrival of another gun." Greg Gutfeld.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Your talking about the injector tube lines? I cracked the line going to injector #1 And it has bubbles coming to it as well as alot of fuel. Also my fuel pressure reading for rail is say like 9 psi. The way the fuel was coming out do you think it's a possibility that the rail sensor is bad And could that cause a no start issue?

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Still in the same boat here can anyone help? I've cracked the line at the injector and it's like only fuel comes out when you crank... when I let it set i crack the line and nothing comes out? Any possibilities of what that can possibly be? It loses its prime instantly

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Master BS'er

What's the highest you saw the rail pressure get?

Did you get both lines to quit bubbling air before you cranked it? Because if you just bleed air from the one with schrader valve, the crank without bleeding the other banjo, you just filled the HP side with air again and need to start over.

Jamie.

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!

"The length of an attack depends upon the arrival of another gun." Greg Gutfeld.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

According to my h&s it didn't get any higher than 10. I couldn't get both of the lines to quit bubbling because when I first cycle the key each time that's when I see bubbles like when the low side pump kicks on I see the bubbles and they slowly disappear then I cycle the key and the bubbles come back and slowly disappear

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Well I think I found the problem for the bubbles. Got to digging found that I didn't plug in all my egts and I reflashed back to stock then a mild tune and then started cranking and fuel was pouring out of the exhaust. Sounds like a stuck wide open injector. Funny thing is I just bought them from a local diesel shop in town. I hope it hasn't compromised my valve train or any connecting rods. On these injectors has anyone seen them allow compression into the fuel system?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode