Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2011+ Front Bumper on OBS Ford

46K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  TroyH 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

I want a new front bumper for my 97 f350 but want something that looks stock. Ive seen a lot of 08 front bumpers on the OBS trucks but cant find anything for 2011+ front bumpers. Im a graphic designer so I found an image of a 2013 f350 and photoshopped the front bumper onto a 1997 f350. The red truck is not mine, I just grabbed it off the interweb. I also add the light bar to fill in that void between the grill and the top of the bumper.

Id like to get your guys' opinion and maybe see if you know of anyone else that has done this mod.

Also, if any of you guys ever want to see stuff photoshopped onto your trucks to see what it will look like just let me know. I can do it pretty quickly.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It's not too bad. From what I've read you will have to cut some of your frame off to get the bumper to sit far enough back.
I would be worried about the gap under the grill where you put the light bar. I'm not sure it would fill in enough. It might look ok if you built a filler panel to fill in and recess the light bar into it. Then paint it to match.

#4 ·
I would just do the 08-10.
Bad spot for the light if you need to work under the hood. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Do any of you have pics of the 2011+ mod done on an obs truck? Id like to see what it actually turned out to look like before I scrap the idea. For some reason I cant get over those three giant holes in the bumper on the 08 - 10 mod.

#7 ·
Do you know why the holes are there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Just find a 17 bumper. It's flat and should fit good.

I still think the 11+ bumper would look good if you where able to build a filler panel.

#9 ·
I don't mean to be rude and you can do whatever you think looks good. But if you are wanting a bumper that "looks stock" as you said in your first post. Just keep the stock bumper. I do not mean to start something with anyone on here, but these trucks in their stock form are beautiful. They have a very classic look that comes across more rugged and "truck-ish".

I feel like there are so many fads out there that spawn from people over thinking things and trying to be "different". Then a new fad is born, whether it be different bumpers, giant "bling" wheels, super wide offset rims and tires, stacks, or giant light bars. Once a couple people do it, everyone wants to do it. It's to the point anymore that if you want your truck to stand out, keep it clean and stock-ish because no one has them like that anymore.

However, you only wanted opinions on the 11+ bumper. So my opinion is no, it does not look good at all. The flowing body lines of the newer bumpers just don't look right on a square "old" truck. If you stock bumper is smashed to crap or rusted out, it would look better than that I guess................

P.S. you did a great job with photoshop. I would have never known that it wasn't an actual photo.

#11 ·
Yeah photo shop in a 17 front bumper. I want to see it.

#12 ·
Yes please find the pics! Id love to see what it really looks like on there. The reason I started this thread is because a local guy has a brand new 2016 bumper that is in mint shape, so I really wanted to make it work!

#15 ·

How about a close up straight on view?

#16 ·
Here is the OBS with 2017 bumper mug shot. Looks pretty slick if you ask me. Just don't know where to get a 2017 bumper from!!

Also, sorry. I don't know how to insert the images directly into the message, and make them larger.

Attachments

#17 ·
Best way is to upload it to photo bucket and then copy the IMG or direct link and post it. It will automatically pop up in the thread and be full size. You can cheat and just attach it to the post but it's just a tumbnail.

#18 ·
I like it! Clean and fresh yet subtle....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
ok now you can see it....but where you gonna get a 17 bumper!! Im concerned about the width, too. Looks like they integrated the ends of the bumper in with the flares of the truck. I think it's going to be too wide to fit on the obs.

Id still like to see a 2011+ bumper on an obs if anyone knows of any. If not, might just pick this one up and give it a go.

Reactions: Peckins71
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.