Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Body Mounts - OEM Rubber, Polyurethane, Hydraulic???

19K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  Turd-250 
#1 ·
Good Morning!

So i've read & read & read about body mounts. Some people LOOOve rubber (lol) and HAAAAte poly, others say just the opposite. there are threads all over even this forum debating what's going on and why...but then i saw somebody ask about 'another' option?
Somebody asked about 'Hydraulic' mounts/ obs section but whatever: http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/19-1994-1997-general-aftermarket/107768-replacement-body-mounts-recommend.html

There is this 'unicorn' type of body mount called Hydraulic Body Mounts? Are these available for, say, a 2006 CCLB F250? the internet is keeping this incredibly hidden from the turd for some reason!

neither here nore there, i saw the absence of a busing on the rear of my truck... i said :eek: that ####'s gonna get replaced soon! but with what product? Anybody have experience with these hydraulic mounts (if they even exist)?

#2 ·
Don't exactly exist. Did you read that thread?
I've seen some people do a air ride setup like the OTR trucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Was just checking since you asked about the hydraulic. Lol
I seem to remember a couple crew cabs doing the air ride.

#5 ·
dang, i wonder how much control I'd have over that sweet spot, ya know where it'ns nice and comfy but won't sling you out the window! plus, if i had a descent compressor, i'd have whatever air bags i want under the axles and maybe a train horn too! :D

#6 ·
#9 ·
If you lube them right, they won't squeak.
I thought the biggest compliant was transferring more vibrations into the cab.

#12 ·
Way back in the day i used poly's on a civic for the control arm bushings, and some other misc suspension parts, greased them out the azz and about 250 miles of popping up and down on super tight springs they started squeaking.... Drove me nuts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zmann
#13 ·
That's what you get for driving a honduh.

Reactions: Zmann
#15 ·
I was 16, and fast and furious 1 just came out.... Nuff said lol

Reactions: Sbluke55
#14 ·
I have them in my trac bar. No squeaks.
About to put them in my Springs and hangers, well after I order them. Lol

#17 ·
so i gots a couple ideas...

1. I could ordoer some rubber stock sheets at the thickness I need and cut my own lol!
2. I could cut some circles out of some old A/T tires & stack them to the thickness i'm needing. cheap as hell!
3. I could build little forms and cast my own bushings out of bad-ass silicone! lol!

i'm leaning towards doing a test run on number 3 haha!

#18 ·
I've seen a lot of people cast their own engine mount bushings. Really shouldn't be much different.
You can play with the mix to get the firmness you want.

#19 ·
I wouldn't trust turd with a silicone mold. He would make little presents for his ol lady.

#23 ·
About once a month you have to test the waters don't you?

#25 ·
Anyone remember the hockey pick body lifts?

#27 ·
i think i'm going to figure out which body mount is causing all the ruckus, and then pull the bolt & wachers out. then i'll go ahead and build that little form out of something or another and squeeze some silicone in there & see how well it does! i just can't see paying so much for oem, and i don't want the hard-ass urethane ones! though i may go with them since they are like $100 a set if the silicone trick doesn't work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.