Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1400 hp ?

5K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  DarkShadowDiesel 
#1 ·
Has anyone looked in the new diesel power to see if a race car with a 1400 hp 7.3 is in there. I was looking on another site and came across this post. No pictures or links to a site to verifie of this being true. For now Im going with the shinanagans card and will see if it is true. Has any one heard of this?

#3 ·
Well I will take that card and burn the bitch right now. Words cant describe how beautiful that looks! My hats off to you.:postwhore2::postwhore2:

#4 ·
ummmm i think that is an estimate hp and not a fact, cuz i have yet to see any picture of it with anything that resembles a fuel system or any electronics at all.

and the only psd i know of that is close to that has a mechanical pump on it and is in a truck

Travis

#23 ·
That's a purdy engine, but not 1400hp worth.
I'm with Travis, 1200+hp is the closest 7.3, and it's no longer a PSD(heui).
I didn't notice anything in this months magazine. I might have missed though, too busy reading up on Elmo's truck. Nice cover shot Danny!:ford:
I'm with Travis here. I don't see any fuel or electronics in those pics.

There is at least one 7.3 based engine (no huei) that's making over 1500. Like Travis said, it's in a truck: Ben Miller's Double Overtime.

The 1400 hp number, as I read is, was what they felt they needed to make that thing go as fast as they want it to. It's not even a projection, but a goal.

#5 ·
That's a purdy engine, but not 1400hp worth.
I'm with Travis, 1200+hp is the closest 7.3, and it's no longer a PSD(heui).
I didn't notice anything in this months magazine. I might have missed though, too busy reading up on Elmo's truck. Nice cover shot Danny!:ford:

#7 ·
Found it, looks like pg 55 & 58.
They are projecting the 1400hp. It's a 4 turbo setup built by *** for a dragster.
I recall mention of this last month or the month before. It shur looks sweet! I'm anxious to see the short block hold on.
I hope it's :bow: and not :doh:

#9 ·
Yes it is Wide Open Performances next project. It oughta be very impressive when they get it running :ford: 1400hp seems like a bit of a stretch, but if anybody could do it, Zane could. It definately won't be lacking any air

Oh and FYI-it's much more impressive in person, the pictures don't do it justice.

#10 ·
Yes it is Wide Open Performances next project. It oughta be very impressive when they get it running :ford:

Oh and FYI-it's much more impressive in person, the pictures don't do it justice.
Boy, I can't wait til they get it running:ford:
1400 hp or anywhere near it will be mighty impressive. I knew somebody would step up to the plate one day and show them Cummings guys:D

#13 ·
What ever the fuel system may be I hope it works out. Makeing 1400hp legit would be a big slap to the cummins and d-max guys.:D

#15 ·
It's a stock powerstroke block? And Heui injectors? And 1400hp?

That's a helluva proposition.

How much torque can the stock 7.3 block hold if you do everything you can? Say you fill it to the top with block poxy.

What can you hold? 1800 ft/lbs? What's the most you've ever seen dynoed? 14 or 1500?

So say 1800 ft/lbs of torque. If, the torque peak was also the power peak it would take right at 4100rpm to pull that off. That's a power Peak of 4100rpm, not rolling out there past peak.

Say they peaked at 3500rpm (still going to take some seriously revolutionary steps) the engine would have to withstand 2100ft/lbs of torque to make 1400 hp at that rpm.

So if these guys pull this off, they either have the toughest engine ever, or they've got some rpm outta that thing.

I can't wait to see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.