Attention - Password and Security Update - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Attention - Password and Security Update

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 04:40 PM
Informiticus Whoricus

Re: Attention - Password and Security Update

what about a password like say 'asstastic' ? or does it have to be like 'a$$-tast1c' ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd-250 View Post
what about a password like say 'asstastic' ? or does it have to be like 'a$$-tast1c' ?
Something along those lines could work. You'll get all the details for the new complex password with the email reset.

Dayle

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:39 PM
Administrator

you should see my apple password

and my secret words

non of them reflect well on apple lol

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video contribution to the DIY community

post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Not a fan of Apple?

~ Glenda
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 07:37 PM
Administrator

no fan but forced to use their Iphone
crApple is what i call them my password is worse

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video contribution to the DIY community

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

~ Glenda
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 06:27 PM
PSN Veteran

I hate the forced password expirations.
I mean, I get you gotta do what you gotta do.
But even another forum I'm on, I've had the same password for years. Probably since I've been on that forum. And we hardly ever see and spam accounts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Administrator

they have locked a ton of people out of the Powerstroke Org by forced resetting of the passwords and not sending the temp password email

I hope this site doesn't get hosed as well

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 09:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
they have locked a ton of people out of the Powerstroke Org by forced resetting of the passwords and not sending the temp password email

I hope this site doesn't get hosed as well

It all depends on how it is done.

All they need to do is to just do it on the site, no email needed. Just force everyone to change their password. I'm sure that there is a way to do it in the software.

What I hate is when it comes back that you can't reuse a password that has been used in the last 10 years. That along with one site requiring a special symbol or something else that another site won't accept.

I like to keep my passwords on these automotive sites simple and all of them have the same password. But when you have 30 or 40 different sites that require different logins and passwords it gets a little hectic with all of them.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode