09 F-250 To Dually - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Question 09 F-250 To Dually

I have an 09 with 20's they work good. I do tow heavy, but not too heavy, within CGVWR. I was thinking a little, why not convert my short box to a dually, for better stability, and safty? Has anyone done this using spacers from Arrowcraft or others. What are the draw backs and dangers????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: 09 F-250 To Dually

Any thoughts??????
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Administrator

I know a few who have done it
I looked at it also

the downside is you don't get a true dually axle
unless you want to swap in a Dana 80 how much of a downside ? IDK
and of course sand and offroad traction can be an issue

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Not looking to get out in the sand or much off roading, except for the campgrounds I pull the 5er to. Just looking to see if there are any major drawback for the safety of me, and the truck.???? Don't want to break my 09 ride! The biggest drawback is the $3k to do it
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Administrator

i bet it's more than 3k

paint to match the fenders is an easy 500.00

my reason for wanting to do this is my load is a truck camper so sway is an issue and also tire capacity I am maxed out of the SRW rim and tire limits
a dual would solve my issue so would a 19.5 but I don't like them

as far as saftey on a conversion I found no failures when researching the two big suppliers

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Administrator

another option http://www.southwestwheel.com/store/...p400-ford.aspx

fenders Fiberglass Rear Dually Fenders Adapters Wheels Conversion Kits.

or buy a Dana 80 dually axle and fenders you would be riding on a OEM proven system
but they are 200mm spacing IIRC so you would want to match the front adapter

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Exclamation Re: 09 F-250 To Dually

I do not want to start a fight, but can handle. Have you ever driven anything other than your pickup truck??? Just looking for some us who have made the change. Dual wheels on the rear can save a life if it happen at the wrong time. One holding while you get to the side of the road.

Has anyone used this stuff. What were the results? Amu issues? what would you recommend? Honest To God Not looking for a discussion.

Thought this was a good place for seriously good info ??? guess I should stick with PSA??????????????
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 11:36 PM
PSN Veteran

Skip the spacers and just swap the axle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by My09Ride View Post
I do not want to start a fight, but can handle. Have you ever driven anything other than your pickup truck??? Just looking for some us who have made the change. Dual wheels on the rear can save a life if it happen at the wrong time. One holding while you get to the side of the road.

Has anyone used this stuff. What were the results? Amu issues? what would you recommend? Honest To God Not looking for a discussion.

Thought this was a good place for seriously good info ??? guess I should stick with PSA??????????????
you frikkin whiner

remember this ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by My09Ride View Post
Any thoughts??????
You should absolutely stick to another site your piss poor attitude is not welcome here
I gave you a lot of options and just because I haven't bolted one on does not mean I don't know all about the options

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 04:49 AM
PSN Veteran

Good luck finding people who have done this, just makes more sense to me to trade my truck in on a comparable dually with the $3k extra shouldn't be that big a problem. And now you know it's done right with tested materials.

Keep up the good work zmann, your the closest thing to an answer so far. Guess we should have just answered No.
Zmann likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode