theft light/PATS Programming - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 PM
mmmm...beer....

Re: theft light/PATS Programming

Is there any special steps to programming keys with AE? Or does the AE give enough info to get through it?

We just picked up an 04' Ex but it only came with one key and fob.

Scott
06' F-250 Harley Davidson CC SB
Lifted 6", 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers, intake, exhaust, gauges, tunes by Eric, GoGo Stage 1, Power Max, Strictly RR, Ported Uppipes, Swamps 58v FICM w/Atlas 80, 5r by Elite.

04' Excursion
Stock

99' F-250 EC SB
Stockish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Administrator

that can be done without the A/E if I recall .. give me a minute to look

EDIT here is what i had found .. but not sure if it covers your year ,, Auto Parts Cheaper Home page. Dealership Auto Parts at Low Prices. Reasonable Shipping Charges with no Hidden fees. ,, but the A/E should do it no prob ,, you just need to access the GEM on one of the starter screens IIRC

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 03:03 AM
mmmm...beer....

Awesome. I'll just go with AE. I haven't even looked at it yet but I think I'm going to go try tonight.

Thanks for the link. It took me to the list of GEM modules for sale. Either way, I now have a new souce for OEM stuff. Thanks!

Scott
Lifted 6", 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers, intake, exhaust, gauges, tunes by Eric, GoGo Stage 1, Power Max, Strictly RR, Ported Uppipes, Swamps 58v FICM w/Atlas 80, 5r by Elite.

04' Excursion
Stock

99' F-250 EC SB
Stockish
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 AM
mmmm...beer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
How about if you want to add more of those remotes you know the FOBs ot unlock lock set your horn off remotes.

I have not tried this one out personally yet so someone can confirm this is correct for the remotes.

Same thing as above in that you need to have all your remotes plus the new ones. But you only need one Key this time and no min of remotes.

1 -- have ALL fobs on hand, including those which might already be programmed correctly. The programming will "erase" your old ones.

2 -- Unlock the doors. Put the key in the ignition, and turn from "Off" to "ACC" eight times in under 10 seconds. The doors will lock. Leave key in the ACC position

3 -- Program the fobs by pressing any key on the fob. Do this for each fob. The doors locks will lock/unlock

4 -- Turn the key to Off. Locks will lock/unlock, and you are out of programming mode.

5 -- Test all remotes.

6 -- With the money you have saved, take your spouse out to supper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDP View Post
I do know for a fact the FOB directions are correct. Although DONT buy your fob from the dealer I paid 60 bucks for one
"Off" to "Acc" doesn't work for me. I tried going from "Off" to "Run" using otherwise the same procedure and it worked. The procedure must have changed when the 6.0 came in or something.

Scott

04' Excursion
Stock

99' F-250 EC SB
Stockish
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnsloppy4x View Post
Awesome. I'll just go with AE. I haven't even looked at it yet but I think I'm going to go try tonight.

Thanks for the link. It took me to the list of GEM modules for sale. Either way, I now have a new souce for OEM stuff. Thanks!
sorry I must have grabbed the wrong link if you click on one of the GEMS it has some programming info .. but I think you found the same info anyway

Quote:
You will need to program your new GEM Module to accept your key less remotes using the simple instructions below.

** All transmitters must be programmed at the same time! Max of 4 transmitters can be programmed. **

- Keep the driver's door open.

- Electronically unlock the doors (Switch on door or working transmitter).

- Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.

- Within 20 seconds, press any button on an transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each transmitter.

** If the door locks do not respond for any transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. **

- To exit the programming mode:
-- Turn ignition to the OFF position.
-- Let the 20 seconds expire.
-- The maximum number of transmitters have been programmed.

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video contribution to the DIY community

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 PM
mmmm...beer....

No worries. Again, I appreciate the info.

Scott

04' Excursion
Stock

99' F-250 EC SB
Stockish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode