Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

cure for p0107

22K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  bork 
#1 ·
SES keeps coming on even before I start engine.KOEO. P0107 = manifold absolute pressure/barrometer pressure circuit low input. How do I correct this? Is there a sensor to change out?

#3 ·
In the early superdutys the baro was separate from the PCM, if its anything like the truck I believe it was located up above the go pedal.

**If your van was built before 12/7/98 the baro is actually seperate.

#4 ·
Hmmmm? Should I call my local parts guy and ask for a barrometer sender? There is a 3 pinned connector with a a small box on it, similar to a turn siganal flasher, under right side of steering column, under dash.

#5 ·
Yeah, 3 wires. Might be dark blue/light green, brown/white and gray/red.

#6 ·
Yup, the thingy under dash, had part #'s & ford send it was a barro sensor. Originally I asked for the sensor & they couldn't find it listed. Thank heaven for the #s. over a $100 for the little thing. got it though, plugged it in & cleared codes & so far no SES . Advance auto could get part in 2 days for around $70.00. (borg/warner) would you guys trust these over oem? I hated to wait any longer, cause everyonce in a while I get a noisey rattle for a few seconds. injectors? then SES would come on. I hope this barro fixes this also.

#8 ·
Update, drove it about 250 miles & ran good. No woodpecker sounding injectors. & no SES. And almost seems to have better milage, 1-2, according to scanguage #s. But more time will tell. Or maybe I got a good batch of fuel. (added 3/4 fillup) Also, 1st time I used the AE, & appears I have saved on repairs or kept stealership from botching it up for $1k more.

#10 ·
I dont know? I'm glad mine was seperate from the PCM, & was able to plug & play. I just wished there was a friend with same vehicle to swap parts & try befor purchasing a new part, especially the ($100 +) non returnable electrical ones. I did find at Advance auto parts, a borg/warner barro sensor for around $65,but I'd have to wait 2 days. IIRC (but I was going on a trip next am & couldn't wait.) Is yours in PCM? Do you have access to another PCM? to try?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.