Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Egr Delete and Intake Elbow

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  bjmunderwater 
#1 ·
OK, question is, why the elbow and is it worth it? I can get the block off kit for more than 100.00 cheaper, so what justifies the elbow?

#2 ·
Just a little better flow compared to the stock elbow. Also cleans up the engine bay a little. I didn't notice any difference because I originally had the kit without the elbow and later purchased the elbow separately. If I was to do it again I would have just got the one with the elbow.

#5 ·
So your saying you would spend an extra 140 and not have a performance gain? I understand people want it to look good, but I really dont see the benefit other than looks, which I really dont care about. Im thinking it can be removed and cleaned. After that, it wont gum up again since what is causing it is removed..

#3 ·
do the full delete with elbow.... the egr/throttle plate housing is a gunked up mess the elbow looks clean and flows better!

#6 ·
Ok, so I bought the entire kit, delete and elbow. I was able to get it all for $207 shipped...

#8 ·
What kit and where'd you order it from? I need to get this on my truck. Also are you updating the tunes since your deleting the egr? I have an SCT with IDP and already have the EGR set as off, but was told tunes still needed upgraded.

#9 ·
You may run into cruise control not working with the elbow,I did but kem mike too care if that in minutes no big deal, maybe someone else can chime in on how it works with other tuners, good choice on purchase!

#14 ·
I did some research and they seem to be legit, so I figured I would try them....

#15 ·
I just went with the full egr delete for now without the elbow or CAC pipe for now. I also think I may go with the CX setup. They also have the CAC pipe as well

#16 ·
The pipe they have shown looks different from what is shown installed on the truck.

#17 ·
The pic of the engine bay is known to be the no limit setup I believe. I dont know if they stole one of Mikes install pics or what really but yes the engine bay pic is different then the elbow that is posted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.