Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

West coast style mirrors wanted

17K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Dertybird 
#1 ·
I want to replace my factory mirrors, the small minimal ones with a west coast style mirror. I had a set on my 91, came with it, and want to do the same to my 97.
Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.
Tom

#10 ·
hahahahaha yeah I agree

#16 ·
When you remove those "nemo" or paddle style mirrors, you will have a 1" square hole in the door. Those mirror have a brace that goes thru the door skin to the inner door structure.

The "western" or swing away mirrors just bolt to the skin of the door and IIRC will NOT cover the square hole

#21 ·
Bought a pair of Ford "style" fold out mirrors. They work well, but after two weeks they are rusting in couple places. Should have bought some used Ford mirrors instead.

#26 ·
My 3500 Chevy had those factory. I will say no issue seeing whatever I wanted to see. But I still perfer the west coast style cause to me they look Boss

#28 ·
I just bought a 2000 F350 and I can't figure out how to adjust the side spot mirrors. You know... the small rectangular mirrors that show the wide view for your blind spot. There is a switch on the door arm rest that moves the large upper mirror, but the lower mirrors do not move. My guess is it's something simple that I am not seeing.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.