Want Power - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Want Power

My 97 7.3 Came with 3" downtube and 4" exhaust. i put a TS 6position chip and a Tymar intake.
I want more power but the build will be a slow and steady kind of thing. where should i start?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:13 AM
ZipTieologist

Re: Want Power

Fuel system, clutch/TC-VB, injectors, intercooler, hpop. Those kinds of things.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

1997 Ford F250 ZF5 4x4
376k miles
D60 Swap
TS6-Diesel Innovation Tunes
Luk Clutch
Glowshift gauges (still work lol)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:34 PM
PSN Local

Gauges.

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
Full Force Stg 1 injectors, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, E-Fuel, 7.3 Intercooler, WW2, 1.0 Exhaust Housing, TS Chip, remote coolant filter, and VB.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:05 PM
PSN Veteran

If you have a automatic start saving for a rebuild.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:14 PM
ZipTieologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic1 View Post
Gauges.
That was the first thing I ordered before I even did an intake and exhaust lol.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

1997 Ford F250 ZF5 4x4
376k miles
D60 Swap
TS6-Diesel Innovation Tunes
Luk Clutch
Glowshift gauges (still work lol)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:35 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman View Post

I am about to rebuild the transmission on my 97 E40D and have been searching around. What are recommended?
Figure it can help the OP as well knowing.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Sponsor

Good custom tunes can pretty much maximize the power stock injectors are capable of. Once you have done that and added an exhaust/intake, you are really looking at upgrading injectors if you want to see a significant change in power. Before doing that though, you should invest in some supporting mods. This would include an intercooler, e-fuel, etc.

Let us know if we can help you out.

Justin Bochmann

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic1 View Post
Gauges.
I have a boost and exhaust temp gauge . i should've mentioned that earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
I actually have money saved up for this purpose already. what would you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post
Good custom tunes can pretty much maximize the power stock injectors are capable of. Once you have done that and added an exhaust/intake, you are really looking at upgrading injectors if you want to see a significant change in power. Before doing that though, you should invest in some supporting mods. This would include an intercooler, e-fuel, etc.
Let us know if we can help you out.
I read somewhere that i can pull the intercooler off a newer Powerstroke and just figure out the plumbing and that would work. Is this true? I can turn a wrench and install with the best of them but when it comes to purchasing I'm still trying to figure out what is best and what works with what
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez50 View Post
I read somewhere that i can pull the intercooler off a newer Powerstroke and just figure out the plumbing and that would work. Is this true? I can turn a wrench and install with the best of them but when it comes to purchasing I'm still trying to figure out what is best and what works with what
Yes, that is correct. That is how most OBS guys do it. You can find a used SD intercooler for pretty cheap.

There are also intercooler kits made specifically for the OBS trucks. Such as the Hypermax kit...

Hypermax 1994-1997 Intercooler System (This item is drop shipped from the manufacturer) - Intercoolers & Water Injection - Turbo Products - 1994.5 - 1997 F250/F350 OBS 7.3L - Ford Powerstroke

That comes with everything you need and takes the least amount of effort to install.

Justin Bochmann

Like us on
!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:39 AM
Native Texan

Garage

Ok on the trans it depends on how much you want to spend there are many options. Some key upgrades are the forward planetary and reverse planetary they are light weight alum 4 pinion the upgraded version are steel six pinion. of course an endless array of clutch choices. There is a snap ring on the intermediate overdrive cylinder that likes to come out and ball up so they make a spiral ring upgrade to fix that problem. They make upgraded input shafts. Of course the torque converter. Like i said there's a lot of options for upgrades just depends on you budget.

95 F350 XLT SuperCab Dually

Engine Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|Stage 1 Injectors|Baby Badger Hpop|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 38 Gal Front Tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode