Re: Front rotor replacement on a 95 4x4 DRW
To change the rotors on a drw 4x4
you will have to do this:
1. Jack up one side of the truck so you can remove the tire.
2. Remove the tire.
3. Remove brake caliper and caliper mounting bracket.
4. Remove the lockout. If auto hub 3 allen bolts, if manual 6.
5. Remove phillips head screw and then the gear and spring.
6. Remove outer lock nut, indexing washer, and inner lock nut.
7. Remove outer wheel bearing by pulling outward on hub assembly and then sliding it back toward axle back plate.
8. Remove hub assembly.
9. Lay hub assembly down with back of rotor facing you.
10. Using plenty of penetration oil, remove all bolts securing rotor to hub. An impact gun is your friend. If you don't have one, take the hub assembly and new rotor to a garage and ask them to swap the rotors for you.
Reverse order to reassemble. Tighten inner nut to 50 lb
ft while spinning hub by hand. This helps to seat the bearings. Then back it off 1/8-1/4 of a turn to align pin on nut with hole in indexing washer. Then tighten outer nut to 150 lb
97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come