Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

97 f250 manual tranny. Pcm not receiving speed signal from psom

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  old man dave 
#1 ·
I need help!! My truck cruise control stopped working about a year ago and was associated with an abs and brake light. Easy fix right? So I pull the codes for the abs. Replaced the vss in the rear diff and ended up having to put a new abs valve in the truck. Now all abs and brake problems are fixed but still no cruise control so here's where I get lost. I put my brick on the truck and go for a drive everything in the cruise control system is working all the sensor for the brake and clutch and all the buttons work according to the pcm the only thing that isn't working is the vehicle speed reads 0 all the time. Looking good at the wiring diagram the pcm get its vehicle speed directly from the psom. So I figured that must be something wrong with the psom. Had the whole cluster rebuilt and still no speed signal. I don't know where to go from here. Anyone else no what I should look at next.
What am I missing

#7 ·
You want to make sure there is not an open circuit (circuit 679) from PCM connector pin 58 (GY/BK wire) to PSOM connector pin 7 (GY/BK). You will probably also want to check the same fort the ground associated with that circuit (circuit 676) which is PCM connector pin 33 (PK/O) to PSOM connector pin 2 (PK/O, circuit 676). Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.