Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

96 powerstroke stalls when leaving stop light

1K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Peter66 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
96 f250 7.3 powerstroke stalls when I slowing accelerate leaving stop light occasionally, and while driving letting off throttle it once and while seems like it idles right down when I get back on throttle slowing but comes out of that low idle with higher RPM. Engine has been rebuilt 10,000kms ago and tranny rebuilt 1500kms ago any help would be appreciated, and I read something about maybe ICP sensor being bad cause it?

Thanks Peter !

#2 ·
That's a good place to start.
Also check the ipr nut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I have a 7.3 here for parts which ran when I took it out, so I tried the ICP sensor out of it in my truck took it for a drive it was worse then my original one it would idle down a lot more often from just driving around the block and then stalled so I put my ICP sensor back in and drove it home no problem, do you think the IPR nut could be loose causing that ?

#4 ·
Usually they will die when accelerating if the nut is loose.

#6 ·
Easy to tighten. It is by the connector. If the nut is gone it's in the valley. Good luck getting your hand in there.

#10 ·
I have no clue what the threads are on it.
But I always thought the same.
But also, I've never had issues with one falling off either.
Get it tight, but not too tight.

#12 ·
It was to hard to get a regular nut on it, I just reused the tin nut, it tightened up ok I didn't over tighten cause I'm sure it would strip the cheap nut, I read on another forum that it's a 1/2"x20 fine thread but I couldn't get my big hand in there to get one on so reused original

#14 ·
Possible.
That's the one that plugs in on top of the hpop reservoir.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.