Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cab and Chassis vs Normal OBS PStroke Axles

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  csp 
#1 ·
I have a 1997 Ford F-350 cab and chassis truck. Ran into an issue today taking it to get an alignment, seems to be the radius arm on the passenger side has a slight bend in it is due for replacing. Long story short, looking to either rebuild entire front end or put the money towards a much more functional 4x4 swap. My question is I know the frame is 2" narrower (34" vs 36" normal truck). Looking for a D60 front axle, is the width between the perches different between a normal truck and CnC truck different? Mainly, will a D60 off another F350 OBS have the right width for the perches or will I have to find a CnC 4x4 or cut and re-weld new perches on at correct widths?

Thanks, searched all over and couldn't seem to find much info on axle widths between them all.

-Jeremy

#2 ·
I believe the front end of the frame is the same on all the F250/350's. That is why the motor mounts and front D60's are all the same. The frame must narrow up somewhere behind the engine. For one, the spring perch on the driver side of a D60 is cast into the housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.