Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Blower motor not moving air

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Thatchevyguy 
#1 ·
My blower motor hardly moves any air. All the settings work its just not moving any air. Any ideas on what it might be? Kinda need it now that its cold.

#4 ·
Is this a new issue for your truck? What about when the A/C was on did air move then? Guess you could have a bunch of debris on the heater core to restrict the air flow. Maybe the squirrel cage isn't spinning like it should. What about the air inlet in the cab have u check that? Passenger side under the glove box. Sometimes a bag can get sucked up and stop the air flow there.

#5 ·
Is it when you turn the fan speed all the way up and the fan still barely pushes air? If that's the issue then I'd check into a new fan resistor. They're 15$

#6 ·
I'll look into anything that could be plugged up. If I don't find anything I'll try the new resistor. And its been like this since I got the truck about a month ago. And the ac works just not much more air then heat moving there either.

#7 ·
Can you hear the fan running at the different speeds as you move the speed selector? If you can it's not the resistor. I've had a few 7-11 bags get stuck up under the glove box at the inlet but usually you will hear a difference in sound. I had a truck that was on a road crew for. A lot of years and all the clay dust got cakes in the ac condenser. I actually had to pull the fan out and go at it with a garden hose to get all the crap out. There's a drain hole at the bottom of it too to let the water out. After that it worked great.

#8 ·
So I pulled the squirrel cage and motor. I know absolutely nothing about a heating and cooling system so bear with me. When I pulled out the cage and looked straight in it looks fine but when I look off to the right side I see what looks like a filter?? Anyway it looks super full of crap could that be my problem and can I clean it out?

#12 ·
wet it with the water hose then try to brush off the debris, be gentle on the evap fins so you don't bend them or poke a hole in the tubes. Slow and easy.

I would try a shop vac if you can get the hose or nozzle in there.

#14 ·
So I got the air hose out and blew the evaporator out and then sucked it out with the shop vac. I think it helped. Didn't drive it yet. We'll see once it gets cold again it like 40 here all week. Dang near shorts weather lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.