Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bought tunes vs. generic tunes on the TS 6 Pos chip

18K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  ​ DieselDC 
#1 ·
I had some problems while I was waiting for my chip to arrive. And now I finally have my truck running right and I'm really happy with the difference from the stock truck I started with. For those of you that have had both the generic tunes that come on the TS 6 position chip and have upgraded to DP or Beans or whoever's tunes, are the bought tunes really that much better? If so please give a little detail about what makes them so much better. The cost isn't all that much so if there is a set of tunes that will make me even happier than I am now, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
:psnb:

#2 ·
I ran the Canned tunes from PHP on my Hyrdra chip for a few weeks, and they were good dont get me wrong. But the Swamps tunes I got made EGT's a little more manageable, and made a noticeable difference in power. Not to mention how many different tunes I got, instead of just "STOCK" "PERFORMANCE" "TOW" and "HIGH IDLE", I got several different ones.

#3 ·
Stock php tunes would be leaps and bounds above stock ts6 tunes. Most of the time they don't come with the correct tunes and will have weird shifting and such.

#4 ·
I had stock ts6 tunes on my stock truck. Made a big difference when they were turned on. Used it mainly for millage. Then got swamps baby injectors with stock ts6 tunes. Ran even better, but did have a weird shift pattern for a bit till it figured its self out. Once I up grades to swamps tunes, there was a major difference. The motor is louder and has a lot more power. Still mainly did it for millage. I get almost 20mpg going 70 with 4:10 gears. The EGT do climb fast though if you do not have an intercooler or a bigger strait pipe. don't have any imput for php or any other company though...

#5 ·
Thanks guys for the input.

#6 ·
Most notice a pretty big difference between canned TS tunes and custom tunes. The biggest differences between our custom tunes and the TS tunes would be much better shifting, more power, and overall improved drive-ability. I think the biggest complaint I hear with the TS tunes is the bad trans shifting.

If you are interested in getting our tunes, you can order the reburn here...

TS Chip Reburn (customer supplied chip) - TS Chip Reburn - Electronic Tuning - 1999 - 2003 F250/F350 Super Duty 7.3L - Ford Powerstroke

Let me know if you have any questions.

#7 ·
Justin,

I do have one question. Let's say I priority mail my chip in for a re-burn on a Monday and Jody gets the chip on that Wednesday. When will it be back on its way to me?

#9 ·
I bought a T&S chip off amazon and it did not work at all. No throttle. I took the computer out several times for pin diagnostics/repair and it ended up just being ####ty tunes. Do not buy tunes online unless they ask for your computer code.

I ended up with Tyrant Tunes from a shop here outside of Denver. The truck is much faster but it idles too high, chugs down the road and blows a lot of smoke on every tune except stock. I do not recommend Tyrant.

#10 ·
I ran a ts6 for like a couple months on the can tunes and it just felt over all lower on power and smoked more then some custom tunes but coincidence or not my truck burned down for no apparent reason in november of 2016 the ts6 out of it is still in one piece but my other trucks will not run on it is it salvagable or garbage?

#13 ·
Chips dont do that. They can never lock to a PCM. Regular hand-held tuners can though, they do that so you cant load in tunes on 1000 trucks for the cost of one tuner.

#14 ·
I had out of the box T&S tunes that did not work at all. The vendor programmed them for the wrong truck.

I had a local guy flash some tunes from Tyrant. It was about $100. It runs good. My only complaint is the truck blows a lot of black smoke on 60/80/100. Not a fan, and I feel like a jackass every time I hit the throttle.

#15 ·
You guys tried Hydra? OK recmend Hydra for swapping tunes via a USB cable. Tunes are custom to your pcm. I would give Corey @ cncfab a shout and he'll hook you up.

As far as ts chip, I've seen on Amazon they have a lot of good reviews and almost made me a buyer. Plus if you need it reburned you gotta send it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.