Bought tunes vs. generic tunes on the TS 6 Pos chip - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Garage
Bought tunes vs. generic tunes on the TS 6 Pos chip

I had some problems while I was waiting for my chip to arrive. And now I finally have my truck running right and I'm really happy with the difference from the stock truck I started with. For those of you that have had both the generic tunes that come on the TS 6 position chip and have upgraded to DP or Beans or whoever's tunes, are the bought tunes really that much better? If so please give a little detail about what makes them so much better. The cost isn't all that much so if there is a set of tunes that will make me even happier than I am now, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

[CENTER]E99 F250 2WD CCLB
Peacemaker's Outlaw front bumper
2" front leveling lift
TS 6 Position Chip (Stock Tunes)
NAPA 6637 DIY Intake
High voltage IDM
4.7 Zener Diode Boost fooler
4" Turbo Back MBRP Exhaust
3 in 1 Glowshift
A bunch of CRAP in the back seat and floorboard
LESS THAN 90K MILES!!!!!
I DON'T DIAL 911[/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:43 AM
PSN Local

Re: Bought tunes vs. generic tunes on the TS 6 Pos chip

I ran the Canned tunes from PHP on my Hyrdra chip for a few weeks, and they were good dont get me wrong. But the Swamps tunes I got made EGT's a little more manageable, and made a noticeable difference in power. Not to mention how many different tunes I got, instead of just "STOCK" "PERFORMANCE" "TOW" and "HIGH IDLE", I got several different ones.

1996 California F350 SRW CCLB, 7.3 Powerstroke, 2wd w/ 354,400 miles, rebuilt at 352,250.
FUGA E-Fuel, T500 HPOP, 3" Diamond Eye DP w/ 4" Straight Pipe, PHP Hydra w/ Swamps Tunes, RiffRaff Bellowed Up-Pipes,
K&N Intake, EBPV delete, High Flow Turbo Outlet, RiffRaff 4/4 Wheel w/ 360* Rebuild, GlowShift Gauges.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 02:37 AM

Stock php tunes would be leaps and bounds above stock ts6 tunes. Most of the time they don't come with the correct tunes and will have weird shifting and such.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 04:28 AM
PSN Newb

I had stock ts6 tunes on my stock truck. Made a big difference when they were turned on. Used it mainly for millage. Then got swamps baby injectors with stock ts6 tunes. Ran even better, but did have a weird shift pattern for a bit till it figured its self out. Once I up grades to swamps tunes, there was a major difference. The motor is louder and has a lot more power. Still mainly did it for millage. I get almost 20mpg going 70 with 4:10 gears. The EGT do climb fast though if you do not have an intercooler or a bigger strait pipe. don't have any imput for php or any other company though...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Garage

Thanks guys for the input.

2" front leveling lift
NAPA 6637 DIY Intake
High voltage IDM
3 in 1 Glowshift
LESS THAN 90K MILES!!!!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Sponsor

Most notice a pretty big difference between canned TS tunes and custom tunes. The biggest differences between our custom tunes and the TS tunes would be much better shifting, more power, and overall improved drive-ability. I think the biggest complaint I hear with the TS tunes is the bad trans shifting.

If you are interested in getting our tunes, you can order the reburn here...

TS Chip Reburn (customer supplied chip) - TS Chip Reburn - Electronic Tuning - 1999 - 2003 F250/F350 Super Duty 7.3L - Ford Powerstroke

Let me know if you have any questions.
Sbluke55 likes this.

Justin Bochmann

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post
Most notice a pretty big difference between canned TS tunes and custom tunes. The biggest differences between our custom tunes and the TS tunes would be much better shifting, more power, and overall improved drive-ability. I think the biggest complaint I hear with the TS tunes is the bad trans shifting.

If you are interested in getting our tunes, you can order the reburn here...

TS Chip Reburn (customer supplied chip) - TS Chip Reburn - Electronic Tuning - 1999 - 2003 F250/F350 Super Duty 7.3L - Ford Powerstroke

Let me know if you have any questions.
Justin,

I do have one question. Let's say I priority mail my chip in for a re-burn on a Monday and Jody gets the chip on that Wednesday. When will it be back on its way to me?

2" front leveling lift
NAPA 6637 DIY Intake
High voltage IDM
3 in 1 Glowshift
LESS THAN 90K MILES!!!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanramey View Post
Justin,

I do have one question. Let's say I priority mail my chip in for a re-burn on a Monday and Jody gets the chip on that Wednesday. When will it be back on its way to me?
Usually it is a 1 day turn-around, as long as we are in the office. So in this case, it would be back on it's way to you on Thursday.

Justin Bochmann

Like us on
!

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 03:13 PM
PSN Newb

I bought a T&S chip off amazon and it did not work at all. No throttle. I took the computer out several times for pin diagnostics/repair and it ended up just being ####ty tunes. Do not buy tunes online unless they ask for your computer code.

I ended up with Tyrant Tunes from a shop here outside of Denver. The truck is much faster but it idles too high, chugs down the road and blows a lot of smoke on every tune except stock. I do not recommend Tyrant.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 11:58 PM
PSN Newb

I ran a ts6 for like a couple months on the can tunes and it just felt over all lower on power and smoked more then some custom tunes but coincidence or not my truck burned down for no apparent reason in november of 2016 the ts6 out of it is still in one piece but my other trucks will not run on it is it salvagable or garbage?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode