Need help with P1316 Code and IDM issue. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Need help with P1316 Code and IDM issue.

I have a 99 F250 and my problem started when all of a sudden at a stop light it started running really rough and the Service Engine Soon light came on for about 5 seconds and the problem went away. About 20 minutes later it happened again while driving and lasted for about 10 or so seconds. When I got home, I pulled DTC code P1316 using my SuperChips programmer. I drove the truck a couple of more times and it kept happening more often until finally it just runs like crap all the time, barely idles and the service engine light stays on, and the DTC code P1316 still now showing up. My initial thought was my IDM was bad so I ordered a reman unit from a company in Florida. I installed it, cleared my DTC codes, the truck started right up and idled smoothly. I drove the truck for about a 1/2 mile, got down on the throttle about 3/4 of the way and bamm like turning off a switch the truck started running like crap again and service engine light is coming on. Pulled the DTC code P1316 again. After reading a few post, I know now to look at the UVC gasket and wire harness. I don't have a scanner so can't do a buzz test so I unplugged driver side UVC harness attempted to start it and it would not, plugged the driver side back in and unplugged the pass side and it started. So, assuming the pass side UVC gasket and/or harness is bad, I bought a new set from ford and installed it. No luck. Same problem. I then used the old pass side gasket and harness and installed it on the driver side assuming maybe the driver side is bad. No luck. Same problem. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 08:53 PM
HEARING IMPAIRED

Re: Need help with P1316 Code and IDM issue.

Fuel issue? What is the P1316 code. Where have you been getting fuel. How much fuel is in the tank?

I had the same issues a while back when someone stuffed a cigar in my fuel tank.
Sending unit was picking it up and was causing the truck to run really rough. I had to pull the bed up, get the sending unit out and clean it really good.

2003 PSD 7.3 L, STRAIGHT PIPE, BD POWER DIGITAL X-MONIOR, TS 6 POS CHIP, BHAF, IDM MOD, 10K MOD, SOME CHROME.

'75 F-100 Custom. Restoration/Project Build

Daniel

www.beansdieselperformance.com

I have enough stickers to make 400HP
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Hater Club

Need to get a volt/ohm meter and tone out the engine harness and the wiring to the IDM. There is a wiring diagram in the tech section. Also, double check the pins and harness connectors for damage. Make sure the main harness connection is secure.

Porch Monkey. It's cool, I'm taking it back.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 PM
kinda hot in these rhinos

Send a message via AIM to upinsmoke70

i had the same exact problem a month ago... marty got me some clips from international because the uvc harness separates... fixed the problem... pm me if u need more info
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 03:19 AM
PSN Veteran

Did you ever happen to do a buzz test?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 03:20 AM
PSN Veteran

I have the same issue, only without the rough running condition. When it runs bad, does it sound like there is a dead miss?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'll try the volt/ohm test using the wiring diagram. Unfortunately I don't have a scan tool that does a buzz test so I won't be able to perform that right now. Might have to break down and buy one since I could use it anyway. If you know of a good hopefully not too expensive scan tool, let me know.

Thx,

Greg
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Can you tell me where the tech section is to find the wiring diagrams. I'm new to this site.

Thank you
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Never mind. I found the wiring diagram. Thx
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I bought a scanner today and ran the KOEO test. Getting P1293 Injector High Side Open Bank1.
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode