uppipe replacement - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to samdust
uppipe replacement

umm im pretty sure my uppipes are leaking real bad. and i cant find anything on how to replace or what to buy. money is a little tight so i need reasonable answers. (although the di uppies look real good).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2001 f-250,7.3,4x4,cc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CORNFED RANGER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor

Re: uppipe replacement

Here is a write up by Curtis on the IH ones.

http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/upp.html

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 SRW, Twin turbos
820 HP on 05/19/12

Toll Free 866-379-8685
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM
PSN Veteran

Does anyone have the ford part number for the up pipe gaskets.

'03 7.3 lariat crew cab dually FX4
AFE Stage 2
DI 6 position
warn premium hub locks
4" mbrp straight piped exhaust
custom built trans w/ triple disc converter
'07 Front End w/ 6000k HID
AIH delete & CCV Mod
Just over 100k miles

"Powerstroke Performance Headquarters!"
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Proudly Serving The USA

Don't by the ford up pipe gaskets_They Suck! Get the Chevy 350 gaskets at Carquest (Part # F17250). When installed they look like this:

The Ford gaskets do not crush and form a seal. These Carquest gaskets are bigger and crushable, thereby forming a good seal.

Chris
Early 99 F350 XLT 4x2 CC LB SRW 6sp
modded 17 HPOP, CCV, 203 T, SS HPX, ITP OBA, Oilguard, Hutch/Harpoon, Ford AIS/zoodad, ITP RR, 08 Differential Cover, Autometer Pyro/Boost, 4" MKO straight-piped, DieselSite Coolant Filter Kit, DP F5 (stock, no start, high idle, 80e), TurboMaster WG, DPP Boots, Aerotank 55 gallon midship tank.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:06 AM
Cummins Power

I've tried to get those from NAPA and they keep saying they are discontinued.

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:28 AM
All done now

Make sure there are no kids anywhere around. This job would make a Baptist preacher cuss. Use lots of PB Blaster. You need about three feet of assorted extensions, form 1" to 18". Swivel sockets are nice. And a universal joint. Oh yeah, bandaids and beer.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Make sure there are no kids anywhere around. This job would make a Baptist preacher cuss. Use lots of PB Blaster. You need about three feet of assorted extensions, form 1" to 18". Swivel sockets are nice. And a universal joint. Oh yeah, bandaids and beer.
Guess you can do yours when you put in a new converter............. I heard that ratteling bastard when you pulled up yesterday .

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM
PSN nerd

i used the chebby 350 ones when i had the motor out and they leak worse than the ford ones did. im putting the ford ones back in i was thinkin of getting a muffler expander and expanding the pipe just slightly to make them seal up better. anybody else do this? im gonna get the bellowed pipes a gt38r and a gt4209

i had thoose 350 ones cranked down to the point it thought i was gonna break the bolts and when i took everything back out the uppipes just fell out of the collector

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 02:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Sounds like it's either hit or miss with the Chevy 350 donuts. Some seem to have great luck and some seem to have big problems. Bellowed pipes are the solution, but us Early 99 and OBS guys can't go that route with a stock charger unless we wanna do some fab work, which I don't lol.

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 02:24 PM
PSN Veteran

check these out.

http://www.beansdieselperformance.co.../prod_462.html

99.5 F250/ VGT 5.9 CR Cummins4 link front and rear air ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode