Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2000 F-250 SD 4x4 7.3 ZF6 - what's it worth?

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  flmeade 
#1 ·
I just recently got this truck, didn't know too much about it until I already got it. I knew the 7.3 were old but good, and that the manual transmission is better at longetivity. But as I explored the truck on my own time, I started to realize the smaller details that I didn't before.

I would just like to get an opinion of what you guys think the truck is worth.

2000 F-250 XLT SD 4x4 4WD 7.3L PSD
Clean title
California truck so minimal to no rust
258K miles
TS 6 position chip
4" MBRP straight pipe
K&N intake
Supposedly Wicked Wheel 2, but just seems like a regular anti-surge wheel, not sure, insight on this would be good.
ZF6 6 speed manual
Manual 4x4
It has forged factory rods
Also has factory Trak-Loc LSD 3.73 gears in the back.
Came with a 6 inch total lift in the front (3 inch leaf and another 2.5-3 inch bracket) and rear block lift about 2-3 inches
Also came with some 18x9 Fuel Hostage wheels, tires were just replaced by me though.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
In Denver that truck might list for $12-15,000 not sure how long it would take to get it. The add on's can actually scare people away because it says "I've been used hard" where a stock truck with no add ons is a blank slate. 258K miles is about half life and at this point the 7.3 usually needs injectors and some other work done = $$$$ so you see alot of 7.3's for sale at these miles because people do not want to spend $3000-5000 for injectors, Hpop and the labor
I would consider that truck worth $10,000 all day long, $9000 if you want to sell quickly, $15-18 if you wanted to wait for the right buyer
Alot depends on how it shows, how is the interior? How does it start? run? Are there any leaks, noises, and the biggest question "what does it need?" LOL\

#4 ·
I paid $4k for mine with 180k on it. It was in rough shape but not too much worse than yours. Mine is an XLT regular cab, ZF6 (hard to find). It is looking a lot better now and I have put a lot into it (way more than I anticipated). I still would not expect to get more than $8k if I sold it.

Anyone who pays $12-15k for one of these with ~200k+ that hasn't been meticulously maintained with records... is quite possibly foolish.

Now if you had one with 60-80k on it and looked the part... I'd expect that to fetch $20-25k easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.