UVCH - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

UVCH

I'm getting ready to tear the turbo of my truck to change the O-rings on the pedestal (praying to God thats my oil leak problem) changing glow plugs as well and glow,plug relay. I'm going to change the uvch as well since I'll everything torn apart (more of a preventive maintenance thing) my question is should I just do the harness or do the valve cover gaskets as well that the harness plugs into. I can get the whole kit from Napa for a pretty good price or if I don't need the gaskets then I can afford the Ford harnesses. Just can't afford $200+ on all ford stuff. 01 CCLB 4x4 147,000mi
Thanks guys for any advice I am using ford glow plugs btw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:14 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage
Re: UVCH

The Harness and Gasket is one unit. I, personally, would go with the Ford ones.

Shoulda bought a Cummins. May or may not have a cummins swap in the works.

1997 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 307k, TS chip, 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit

If you got a D60 or tan superduty/OBS seats PM me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:38 PM
PSN Veteran

Alliant makes good parts, appear to be same as OEM if you ask me
I just installed new under cover wiring harness, valve cover gaskets and alliant pigtails = very happy with the quality and results
I got mine from Riffraff diesel that had great prices, it was around $275 for everything

Do NOT buy dorman or the cheap knock offs you will pay for it later, my $75 dorman gaskets did not make it 8 months

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, RSK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, freight train family hauler, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liters there is no replacement for displacement!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

OK I looked on Riffraff site and it shows just the harness for $59 then it shows the valve cover gasket for another $60, I'm trying to figure out if I can reuse my valve cover gaskets or if they should be replaced also. Everything I'm looking up online looks like the harness and the gaskets to which the the harness plugs into are two separate things. I'm new to these motors so I'm going off pictures I've seen online
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:46 PM
PSN Veteran

The only way to know if you can re use your valve cover is to inspect it and see if the plastic is melted/cracked if the rubber seal is soft or hard, and if the wiring pins are good or not.
Chances are they are still good unless you have had glow plug issues

The wiring Riffraff sells will plug into OEM gaskets on both sides
The gaskets Riffraff sent me were listed as "navistar" on the ticket leading me to believe they were OEM / International pieces. The wiring pigtails are Alliant part numbers and work with OEM gaskets.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, freight train family hauler, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 02:20 PM

Just inspect them for burnt pins and melted plastic. If all is good just run them. Im at 220k on stock uvch's.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Luddite in Charge

Weather strip works great for valve cover gaskets

Whatever you do, do not go aftermarket. ESPECIALLY Dorman brand. Complete garbage.

Ford will bend you over and hammer you without lube, go to International.

1830844C93 Harness $16 each side
1826703C1 Gasket $36 each side.

If you're stuck on Ford it's Ford F81Z-9D930-AB for the $70 harnesses and about the same for F81Z-6584-AA valve cover gaskets.

And if and when you call your local International dealer juyst tell them "it's a 444" and not in a Ford truck. Sometimes they feel a certain way when you mention their engines in Ford trucks.

As for your oil leak, have you ruled out the EBPV solenoid?

And only use the yellow Viton o-rings when you pull that turbo.

Ford Part number reference: F4TZ -6N653-A and F4TZ-6N653-B.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Hahaha I know they will already did for a new throttle pedal and of course a adapter bracket to make it fit, I'll definitely go the international route that's a lot easier on the pocket book. I did get the yellow O-rings and I have no idea if it's the EBPV I know hpop lines aren't leaking or the hpop, figured if it's not the O-rings I'll do them anyways cause I'm sure they will go out eventually
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well called International and about choked on the price they gave me so I just ordered the harness and valve cover gaskets from Riffraff. Thanks everyone for all the advice and information very much appreciated
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:14 PM
PSN Veteran

I did the same thing
Shopped local Ford, shopped local international, shopped all over online and ended up with Riffraff.... they ship fast and have excellent prices and products = for the win!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode