Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel issue

734 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dsrace 
#1 ·
Hope this is the right thread for this , I have a 1997 7.3 I haul horses with a 4 horse trailer , yesterday I left to go on a haul only one horse one board. I stopped and filled up. I will add that the day before coming back from a haul in new england the fuel filter light flickered a couple times and that was it so I was already stopping to get a filter , before I could do that on my second mountain I had to climb i started losing power and the light flickered, I got off road changed filtered and started back out again seemed good and the fact that the last couple weeks it seemed that the truck was feeling like it was being held back. so i got going again and it climbed the next couple mountains the it started losing power again like it was running out of fuel. pulled off let it sit started back up went again did this several times to get close enough to home . got to the point it would shut off going down the road as soon as the light flickered on and stayed it shut off. finally would not go anymore . dropped the trailer sat for about 30 mins , started it and it ran like a new truck, up the hills the light flicked a very dim one at 75 on a hill ran fine ????? so im lost , new filter , rails check replaced last year , injectors low plugs at the same time thanks

#3 ·
Time to drop the tank, could be debris getting sucked into the pickup. This is where a fuel pressure gauge is worth it's weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.