Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Heater not working

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  imelmo 
#1 ·
Got up this morning to head to work and it was about 48 degrees out so I turned on my heater for the first time since probably April. I got just cold air the entire 18 mile trip to work and tried all the settings possible but could not get it to blow warm/hot air.. Any ideas what is going on with this?

#6 ·
Feel the heater hoses. If they are hot then you should have flow through the core. Also check your vacuum lines to the controls. Maybe one fell off or cracked and rotted off.

What else on the SDs use vacuum? If those things aren't operating properly then you may have a vacuum pump issue.

#7 ·
Vacuum controls heater/AC vent doors, and ESOF hubs. Can control the heater hose shutoff valve.

#8 ·
There is no heater cut off valve in the hose unless you installed one. If it is vacuum issue it would be blowing on defrost only.
just fyi
Billy

#9 ·
Unless someone installed it aftermarket, only mentioned that because the OP, said he was going to check the valve.

#10 ·
:flipa:Damn Son, what took you so long too find this place? I figuered you were a devoted TSD member who did'nt want to jump the fence.

Dan

#15 ·
Slow, I guess. Just like I was slow to get a PSD in the first place. But I am here now.

Nice to see a lot of old faces.

I thought it was something that was added in the later years. Not sure though, I know my buddies 2000 CC does not have one. Only one besides mine I have seen. He still has the radiator hose that goes through the belt, and he replaced it that way.

#11 ·
Crew cabs came with the valves in the line....

#14 ·
I know the excursions did but I was understanding the Crew Cabs did too?

#19 ·
The boss has a 06 CC I'll look, but I don't think it does. I have a EXTcab ,and I know it doesn't for sure. I know there are some controls on the heater box that are electric motor operated, not sure what ones though. If I did a litle investigating I could proble tel you what to look for, just can't do it right this minute.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.